cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cromfs
Premolar II

Changing tooth # in treatment plans and ledgers

Jump to solution

If we put in the wrong tooth number, we can't change it on the existing line item.  We have to create a new line item and delete the old.

6 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Changing tooth # in treatment plans and ledgers

Jump to solution

True.  The software has behaved that way longer than I've been around -- I can't explain exactly why the ability was created to edit certain fields for charges and not others.  I have a feeling that there may have been a technical reason for these choices back in 1998, but I don't know if those reasons still exist today.  Perhaps it was accidental, and has not really been challenged as a valid requirement since then.

Maybe someone else has an opinion about this behavior -- is there a reason to have the checks and balance in place to force these types of changes to show up in the Deleted Transactions Report?  I'm not convinced, and I think we are open to review it!

staceyw
Canine III

Jump to solution

I think it is good to have in place the way it is because if a claim was already generated with the incorrect tooth number by not allowing us to change it on the field line and forcing us to reenter a new line also generates a new claim which needs to be corrected and sent to the insurance because simply changing it on the ledger card doesn't help us when it comes to insurance.  So I happen to like it the way it is currently.  Of course if the error was caught the same day it would be nice to just be able to adjust it.   

cromfs
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Since it’s in the treatment plan, and not yet on the ledger, it wouldn’t impact claims yet.

Tara Hart, MBA, CEBS, SPHR

Practice Administrator

Castle Rock Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

staceyw
Canine III

Jump to solution

I am able to change it in a treatment plan on the line its on by highlighting the line and then double clicking the tooth number. I can't on the actual ledger card once treatment is done.  

cromfs
Premolar II

Jump to solution

That worked. Thanks for the tip!

Tara Hart, MBA, CEBS, SPHR

Practice Administrator

Castle Rock Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

annag
Canine III

Jump to solution

I can edit a tooth # on the ledger after charges have been posted without any problems. ??? I can also edit the description and # units. 

0 Kudos