cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Docking Log?

Is there a way to retrieve patients who were docked to you or patients you've docked to other users? It happens all the time that someone opens a patient's workspace by clicking on the dock note, which removes that patient from the dock. They then close the workspace and forget who they were looking at. If it's the same day, they might be able to pull them up in the "recently accessed" patient search, but it's usually not the same day. We also have issues where we think we are dock to the incorrect person, then can't remember who the patient was or who might have accidentally gotten the dock.

Version 8.11.2.95

Labels (1)
5 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Docking Log?

I hear your concern and cannot think of a report or search that would recall those patients who were docked originally nor who the patient was docked to.  The audit log would be helpful if it captured patient name or and id of the patient but it doesn't at the present time. A tracking feature somewhat like how the audit log captures details for Appointments would retrieve the patient and user detail needed for docked patients. I will notify Development of the enhancements requested for the docking feature. Certainly makes sense to me. Thank you!

Paula.....a real problem and a real concern on so many levels of management.

WinOMS needs to scratch the "dock" and replace it with an intranet program that connects all users outside of the patient record. We could always attach a record to our "email" correspondence......

eliminates notes in the patients contact notes that we never intended to be there.... 

would leave a record like all email software of what was sent, when it was sent and to whom it was sent....ect....

Needs to be addressed.....this system is common place in almost every hospital / medical based EMR software....

Nothing proprietary here....technology i\has been out there for years.....as long as there has been email.....

0 Kudos
khill
Canine III

We have had similar issues with docked pts as well. The best work around we have come up with is not opening the pt directly through the dock note. When you have the dock pt list up you can see the pt name and ID #. Our office will pull the pt up in workspace separately without clicking on the pt name in the dock list, this way the name stays in the dock list until we have completed what needs to be done. Once we are done with the chart then we use the dock pt list to undock the pt. I don't know how your users are set up in your office, but only the person the note was docked to is able to undock the pt in the dock list. If they are just wanted to see what is needed, you are better off just using the note pad icon to see why it was docked. 

As far as finding out who you sent the pt to if your not sure it went to the right place or retrieving, not sure about that one. The docked note is found in the contact notes. 

Since dock notes do not show who they were sent to, only a date and from who, our office makes sure we put

Kelli: Please send refund..thanks..SB

Then in the contact notes we at least know who and what. This does not help in wanting to retrieve a pt that was closed out of, but if it was docked to the incorrect person it may be able to get back to who needs it. 

Hope this helps with at least part of the issue. 

0 Kudos
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Yeah, we do all of those things, as well. It's just a lot of extra work that a docking log would clear up.

0 Kudos
khill
Canine III

Absolutely! it would be great to be able to run a report of pts that were docked on certain days. 

0 Kudos