cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cromfs
Premolar II

Dual monitors for front desk?

Is it an option to be able to have to computer  with 2 monitors so my front desk can work on tasks while on hold with a patient in the middle of scheduling?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Re: Dual monitors for front desk?

I have dual monitors, but there's not much in Win that can move to a separate monitor. Some of the scanned PDF items can be pulled over, but you can't have the workspace opened on 2 screens (so you can't have a patient workspace you're working on open on the left screen and have the schedule open on the right screen). I'm not actually at the front desk, so my second monitor is mainly for internet, xcel and word docs, email, inner-office messaging, etc. Hope that helps!

omsnashville
Premolar II

Same. We just added dual monitors for our insurance dept, so they can have PDFs or Word or Excel files or Insurance Websites opened on the second screen, but you cannot split WinOMS windows between the screens.

0 Kudos
njokuc
Canine III

Hi Tara,

Like the previous responses mentioned, there is no way to move window in WINOMSCS to a separate screen as they are all integrated. Attachments that open in Word, Excel, PDF, or image attachments can be moved to the second monitor when opened. 

Also you can configure the CS OMS Imaging Software to open outside of WINOMSCS so it can be dragged to the second screen.  

WINOMSCS should always be open/used on the main display in a dual monitor setup.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos