cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvsa
Canine II

E-Payment - Adding Method of Payment

I would like to add another form of Payment Method called "Care Credit".  Since Care Credit is separate from Visa/MC/Discover/AMEX, there is no other option to use except "Money Order".  Choosing "Credit Card" automatically puts it in the e-payment category, therefore, we can't use this.  I don't want to create a new account under Pay/Adj Code because there should only be two types of payments - Insurance Payment and Patient Payment. 

Care Credit should be a Method of Payment, not a payment type.  Would it be possible to add this?

Labels (2)
22 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: E-Payment - Adding Method of Payment

jeffrey.urkevich‌ if this isn't already in the software, maybe something to add to the enhancement list. 

hnnobel‌ adding you as well in case you have any input. 

0 Kudos
nvsa
Canine II

It's not in the software.  When I called support, they said I should go to this forum and suggest it since it requires involvement of your programming techs. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying! I've tagged one of our product line managers, so they will see this request. 

0 Kudos
stu
Canine III

This would be a great addition, i currently have offices create  a separate pay/adj code for Care Credit so it can be tracked on the reports.

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Adding Rick Alfieri to this thread.  r.alfieri

Rick - is there something on the roadmap for this?

Thanks,

Jeff

allisonwinske
Canine II

I know offices would use this option often and have heard them request it in other venues/ products of ours as well. Would be a great add to get this in if we could.

sundberg101
Premolar I

Although you cannot add payment categories you can rename them. We renamed the Money Order category to CareCredit and on the rare occasion someone pays with a money order we just use the Personal Ck category. We don't differentiate between personal checks or money orders. 

nvsa
Canine II

That would work.  How do you change it?  Not something WINOMS support suggested.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
annag
Canine III

We use a patient payment code, then choose Credit Card, type=other right now.

If it will be added as a separate option in drop-down, I would vote it not be limited to Care Credit, since we have used other 3rd-party financing options similar to Care Credit, such as Lending Club.