cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staceyw
Canine III

E-prescription issues

E - Prescriptions:  Now that we can breathe again here at our office and all the kids are back in school I was wondering how many people are using e prescriptions and do you love it or hate it?  We have a love hate relationship with it.  We tend to get a lot of errors timing out and unable to write the scripts to the patient.  Wish it was more seamless. I have spent hours working with support and ended up giving up on it.  We are in CT and will have to use it so we have no choice but to work thru the issues.  We are now more used to them so its not as bad as it was but wondering if we are the only one with issues. 

matt.ackerman

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: E-prescription issues

staceyw‌ - thanks for the feedback!  I'm; interested in hearing from others as well.

(looping in lontaylor‌)

office121oms
Canine III

My doctor had issues when we started. I had to be in his office every time he wrote an rx.  He got better since we are in NY and has to use it no matter what.

sarahleath
Canine II

I have more and more of my clients starting to use the eRx.  So far, they haven't experienced issues regarding timing out.  I'm interested to hear from others who have this issue so I can keep my clients up to date and offer possible resolutions (if there are any) to their practice for this issue.  

staceyw
Canine III

not much response but why would some offices have issues with the prescriptions writing back to the patients chart and other offices do not.  I have called support and told the issue is still being looked into and we are not the only office with the issue.  Its incredibly frustrating.  It writes back after about an hour or two.  This is my biggest issue right now besides the Doctors complaining about time it takes to send a narcotic but thats just the way it is nothing to do with software!

0 Kudos
steve132221
Canine III

We have had e-prescriptions for several years now, and unfortunately, it has remained largely unused since day one. The two biggest issues we face is the added inconvenience of two-step authentication when trying to prescribe pain management medications (the doctors don't want to have to log into a workstation, log into WinOMS, get out their cell phones, open an app, try to catch a rolling passcode that changes every 30 seconds, then enter it into the e-script software over a dozen times before lunch), and the other issue is that we have had some new staff members come on board, and there is no way (that I know of) for me personally to manage the users and their permissions with the e-script software.

We still have our e-script software, but we routinely create prescriptions through WinOMS that can be printed out on security paper (although we have been experiencing database issues with that since updating to 9.1).

I know I wasn't much help, but if anyone out there has suggestions to better handle the second part of the two step authentication process, please let me know!

Steve

staceyw
Canine III

Im afraid we are stuck with that process. I will say after a month the doctors have become much faster at it.  

dawnhill
Canine II

In NYS and currently using v9.1.  We have mandated e-prescribing and we also have the issue of the sent RX's not showing in the patients EMR until hours later.  This makes it difficult if a pharmacy calls with questions as the clerical staff can not see what was sent.  We have a one doctor practice so we can't always ask him or the technician what was sent.