cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heather
Canine II

EMR

Our office is slowly beginning the transition to EMR.  We currently use paper charts, but have begun the process of integrating some scanning into patient charts.   I'm wondering if any of you have tips or tricks that you might recommend at the start up of EMR.  (So far, we've created several templates and snippets).

Do you all find that your scanning has increased significantly?  Do you use signature pads? What has improved (or decreased) your workflow?  Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
4 Replies
doran109
Canine II

Re: EMR

Heather,

We do not do the signature pads but we have almost 3 years of EMR experience. If you would like someone to talk to, feel free to reach out. My name is Kyndra Bata. My email is kbata@dceoms.com.

lamster
Canine II

We have been digital in our office about 10 years.  We use Epson and Fujitsu scanners.  We also use tablets in the operatories.  Our patient's sign there consent forms on the tablet.  I have a designated employee who receives any paperwork that may have been created during the appointment and she scans, sends letters and audits the file.  We also use PBHS trueforms and referral forms.  It takes some time to get use to but it actually decreases the workflow and decreases mistakes or misfiled charts.  We still use a empty chart for our backoffice assistants as they did not feel comfortable just calling a patient in.  If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me. 

0 Kudos
doran109
Canine II

Patty,

What kind of tablet's do you use for your consent forms?

0 Kudos
lamster
Canine II

They are Fujitsu tablets. We purchased them in 2004.  They are running great.  One of our Dr's just purchased a surface pro and it is working great too.  Much lighter for him to carry around.  We share the tablets between our consultations rooms.