cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Exit Options - How Do You Get to the Check Out Window?

We are debating how users access the Check Out Window.  I am making the assumption that in many cases, the only reason you use this window is to print a Walkout Statement.  Correct?

WinOMS Checkout Window

One of the ways to access this window is via the Exit Options window.  Every time you exit the Payment Wizard we pop-up a window asking whether you want to go to the Check Out Window or just exit.  Sometimes, when there are Open Payments for a patient, then we will offer to just take you back to the beginning of the Payment Wizard.  

exit options Winoms

This pop-up feels totally unnecessary, and I am interested in removing it to streamline workflows.

Questions or Comments?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: Exit Options - How Do You Get to the Check Out Window?

Where is this Check out window and in Softdent......after you post a payment?  Because I like the insurance submission, making an appointment,and printing a walkout statement.  That you can uncheck as needed but also have it default to walk you through the choices.

omsnashville
Premolar II

I know there is also the option to access it via the "Checkout" button at the top of the screen, but you are correct that we only access it via the Wizard to provide a receipt immediately after the patient has made a payment.

The rest of the features are delegated to different departments in our office, so the receptionist checking out the patient is not merging letters or processing insurance. We don't print appointment cards, either; we just have some pre-printed business-card sized ones from our local printer that we fill in the blanks.

Hope this helps!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Sorry Kay -- WinOMS, not SoftDent.

0 Kudos
doran109
Canine II

Our practice utilizes this pop up a lot!

Most of the times after we post a payment, it is nice to have the check out window option to print a walkout statement because the patient is waiting for that piece of paper.

We wish that there was an option to open payments every time you exit the payment wizard. A lot of times we need to go back into the payment wizard to post another payment. Example is when we post an insurance payment and now we need to post an insurance write off. If the patient does not have any open payments we have to exit and then re-open the payment wizard.

If there was a way to streamline it so the option to open payment, open check out window or exit was with the payment wizard platform before you hit finish that would be helpful and eliminate pop ups. Just a thought.

0 Kudos
amowery5
Canine II

We do exactly the same thing Kyndra and I agree with your suggestion!

0 Kudos