cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

How do I know which Delta was billed?

Jump to solution

When a patient has multiple insurance policies under the same insurance, is there any way (without printing the claim) to see which insurance was billed? For instance, a patient has 2 delta policies (same carrier, same plan) but 2 different subscribers. All I can see in the claims tab when I try to get details is the patient info. How do I know which plan was billed?

4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: How do I know which Delta was billed?

Jump to solution

Hi if I am reading this correctly on the claims tab, there is a Details button which shows which plan center you have billed for that claim. Details will show you the Plan name and the centers address.  Thank you

0 Kudos
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Right, but which policy did I bill? A patient has 2 delta dentals- one under mom and one under dad- both going to our local delta. I submit a claim and click on the details button you mentioned. Did I bill mom's insurance or dad's? They have the same address.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Ok, so I see your point, their is claim and patient info on the details screen but not the subscriber which would be helpful in this circumstance. The only recourse you currently have from the claims tab is to hit print>preview to determine the subscriber if its a paper claim. You can right click and switch the claim to paper if its an electronic claim and hit print>preview to view the subscriber information on the claim.

0 Kudos
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Yeah, that's the only way I've found, too. But then it sometimes won't let us switch the submit type back to electronic and that's important for knowing how the claim was submitted (we then just have to put a contact note in).

0 Kudos