cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccronin
Canine III

PBHS TruForm Consent Bridge

PBHS TruForm offers a great consent form solution for multi-location, multi-doctor offices.  The only problem is that there is no bridge to get the consent forms into WinOMS.  Is there an estimated date for this bridge to be completed? matt.ackerman dtheberge

Tags (1)
12 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: PBHS TruForm Consent Bridge

Thanks for the inquiry, Caroline. ccronin

I am familiar with the PBHS TruForm online patient registration and the integration we provide that will help you seamlessly create new patient records using the data the patient themselves keyed into an online form.  Love it.  

We also have an integration with PBHS iConsult which manages the review of a treatment plan and Consent form, and also capturing a patient signature on that form.  I not as familiar with the specifics on the integration here, but I believe that one exists here in some capacity.  Is this what you are referring to?

ccronin
Canine III

matt.ackerman‌, We currently use the TruForm patient registration.  Works seamlessly so we want to use their consent forms.  This is separate from iConsult. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

ccronin Hmmm... I am not aware of how TruForm uses or delivers Consent forms, but perhaps this is a new revision of their software.  We will have to get that information from PBHS then.

So, to answer your original question "Is there an estimated date for this bridge to be completed?" -- at this time, there is no plan to enhance or revise the existing TruForm integration to address the availability of Consent forms separately from iConsult.  

This position could very well change in the future, and if it does we will make an announcement here about our plan.

0 Kudos
ccronin
Canine III

matt.ackerman‌, I have been following this from the PBHS side since April 2016.  

ccronin
Canine III

matt.ackerman‌, have you had the chance to ask PBHS about this?

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Not at this time.  I am not yet sure if that is a project that I will be involved in, or if someone else will be.  TBD.

0 Kudos
ccronin
Canine III

matt.ackerman‌, do you have a status update on this request?

omsnashville
Premolar II

ccronin,

We have a multi-doctor, multi-location practice where all of our doctors travel to the different offices. We have one patient database for all of our locations. We are currently using the WinOMS EMR Consents and have found them to be perfectly suitable. They are directly integrated into WinOMS and also seamless to use within the system, though they are not directly linked to the PBHS Informed Consent videos.

The OMNSIC/customizable consent forms in WinOMS appear generally identical to the PBHS form pictured briefly in their video. Since the patient and doctor have to sign it in office, this may be an equally suitable digital option after the patient has viewed the PBHS consent video.

I couldn't find anything on the PBHS website about the consent forms outside of iConsult. I can see how their consent forms would be more seamless if you are using iConsult, but I do not understand the benefit without using that. What are the advantages to using the PBHS consents over the EMR consents? Do you have any links for better information on this product?

I am asking as a fellow WinOMS user who is always refining our internal processes.

Thank you!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I had a chat with the owner of PBHS, Jay, and he tells me "any form can be a TruForm." It's up to you to choose which ones you would like the patient to fill out through that service, and then discuss that with PBHS.  It sounds like you can already do this today if you are a PBHS TruForm user.

0 Kudos