cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hchadwick
Canine II

Printing EMR Medical/Surgical History

Jump to solution

Is there a way to print the EMR medical/surgical history that shows any notes the doctor has made?  When we print the EMR Patient Chart it does not show any of the notes that are made.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Re: Printing EMR Medical/Surgical History

Jump to solution

Do you mean what's stored under Notes? If you click that in the EMR, then "EMR Notes", you can double click on the description to pull up the note, then click "Create PDF" to open in adobe, which lets you print (cumbersome, but it works). That's where we have all of our doctor consult and surgical notes and where we access them.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

ronschindler‌ or njokuc‌ any additional suggestions? 

0 Kudos
njokuc
Canine III

Jump to solution

Hi Heather,

Are you referring to Digital Forms or Narratives when you refer to Notes? Unfortunately only the titles of Digital forms or Narratives are displayed in the Patient Chart and not the contents which I believe is how it worked prior to EMR Refresh. EMR Notes and Consents show up when you print the patient chart.

Let me know if you have additional questions or need me to call you.

0 Kudos
hchadwick
Canine II

Jump to solution

This is the screen I was looking to print where it would print out the additional notes.

0 Kudos
njokuc
Canine III

Jump to solution

You should see a print Icon at the far right on the EMR Summary page,

Click on it and click Preview or print and you will see the EMR Notes within. If you just want the EMR Notes/Consents without additional info, then click on the Notes or EMR Consents link on the left and you will see a similar print icon in the far right. This will print out the Health History Items as well as all EMR Notes/Consents saved to the patient chart.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
omsnashville
Premolar II

Jump to solution

But it does not include the additional notes to the right of the health history item that hchadwick was wanting to show, like "After last chemo tx white blood cell count bottomed out and INR was high..." It will only show "Hospitalized" and the date that PMHx was entered.

To my knowledge, there is no way to print those notations on the right. This dummy patient's documented history...

EMR History

... will turn into this less-detailed version when printed, with no mention of the cardiologist or other additional notations:

EMR History printed

Thank you, Heather, for the screenshot to clarify your question. I have also thought there should be a way that the complete history would be printable. I understand not wanting it to merge onto every Consult/Procedure EMR Note that way, but maybe have one printable version, or include it when you print the complete EMR record as njokuc demonstrated.

0 Kudos