cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khill
Canine III

Tx plans

Is there anyway to email a tx plan besides printing it and scanning it back in?? If yes, id love to know how. If not, this would be a great update. When right clicking on tx plan to print, maybe create PDF to email right away as well. 

Thanks! 

Kelli 

6 Replies
omsnashville
Premolar II

Re: Tx plans

If you download the program CutePDF, you can "print" to PDF form. You just choose CutePDF instead of your normal printer from the dropdown in the print dialog screen. Then you'll get a window asking where to save the PDF to, and you can attach that PDF to your email.

We found this program works infinitely better for printing to PDF than any versions of Acrobat. But it is only for creating the PDFs like this, not for editing/viewing them- so we still use Acrobat for that.

Shout Out to cjenkins@michiganoralsurgeons.com‌ for the suggestion in this thread.

khill
Canine III

Thanks for the suggestions Kristina. I will talk to IT about it today! 

0 Kudos
omsnashville
Premolar II

I should clarify that WinOMS crashed a lot more when trying to print to PDF using Acrobat; hence the need for another program altogether.

0 Kudos
khill
Canine III

We actually had something like that already and I just didn't even know it existed! Thanks again omsnashville‌ for the tip! 

0 Kudos
stu
Canine III

There is a way to do it through Outlook email

If you use the Tx Plan letter option (letters tab), once that comes up in word format you should be able to send it by email.

0 Kudos
khill
Canine III

We try not to use the letters tab as it doesn't show what the actual letter says, without cutting and pasting, or scanning. We use EMR for all our letters at this point. Have the letters changed at all to where you can see what they say and not just that a letter was sent? IF it has that would be a great! Thanks!

0 Kudos