cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

What does the sale of Carestream Dental mean to me?

By now you have certainly heard the exciting news about the sale of Carestream Dental (but if you haven't, just nod and smile, click this link and come back right after you read  ).  You might be wondering what it really means for you, someone who uses our products to run their business: how will this affect our plans for the future, where are we going, and what will we become?

A big event like this can sometimes mean big changes.  The purchase, or carve out, could lead to a wholesale shift in priorities.  It could mean an entire replacement of the leadership which could then potentially upset all of our values. Over my years at this company, I've read multiple books on change management, a few of them on the recommendations of OMS office administrators or practice consultants.  The bottom line is that even when you know it is coming, change can still be disruptive and downright terrifying.   

So far, for a day as significant as today, it seems just like any other day. Around here, in the building we also call The Exchange, it's pretty much business as usual.  The lights haven't suddenly started flickering, and people aren't running screaming from the building.  All of our products are continuing to be in active development, as they were before.  I'm still writing requirements for new and exciting WinOMS features. And the coffee machine is still brewing the same tasty espresso.  

Personally, I am energized by the sale.  It is very refreshing to hear such strong support for our software business as well as our equipment business from the companies who purchased us.  There is an air of excitement here in the building, and we are already getting more resources than we previously had to create new and improved services.  It's not like there is a big pile of cash in the basement that we can spend on anything, but sometimes it does feel like we are Jean-Ralphio Saperstein and someone just handed us a blank check (For you fans of Parks & Recreation, you know what I'm talking about Jean-Ralphio Flushed With Cash - YouTube ).  

In time there will be a few new faces, but for the most part there are a lot of us with a long experience in this industry who are still here helping to drive the business in a direction that is successful.  During this transition, please feel free to reach out and let us know what you think.  Use this community as a sounding board for ideas, and continue to provide input that can help steer us in the right direction.  I'm excited about this change, and even more about what we can make together.

Labels (1)