cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cromfs
Premolar II

WinOMS Anesthesia log-total of drugs inconsistent

We are finding that when the drugs given are totaled up, the total sometimes is incorrect  or blank.  See example pics.

Sometimes it corrects itself by the end of surgery and sometimes not.  This is on top of the other issue where it should not say /cc in the totals.

7 Replies
kjhogan
Canine III

Re: WinOMS Anesthesia log-total of drugs inconsistent

matt.ackerman‌, r.alfieri‌, garysalman‌- can one of you assist?

0 Kudos
kjhogan
Canine III

sstreller1‌ or carestreamjoey

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

so that I understand completely, is the problem that the units aren't correctly displayed (the Totals column should only be "Units" and not display the MG/CC?), or that it is incorrectly calculating?  

I do see the blank total as a problem.  qadanielle‌ have you any insight on this specifically?

In the screenshots above, it appears as though the calculations are correct from a mathematic perspective, however I might not understand how this should properly be represented on an anesthesia record from a medical perspective.

Would two Totals columns make this more clear, one with the total number of Units and a second with a calculated Dose? (is the right word "Dose" in this circumstance?)

dr.johnalonge‌ do you have any opinion?

0 Kudos
qadanielle
Canine II

Regarding the measurements, a issue was reported that the Totals should show as MG and not MG/CC which was addressed in the next release. In addition the totals showing blank is due to refreshing in between recordings. This issue was also reported and address in the next release.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Yes! I see those addressed here in the list now.  Thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
dr_johnalonge
Canine II

Our Standard of Care requires documentation of patient monitoring every 5 minutes to include Type, Time and Amount of Medications, Gases, Local Anesthetics, Fluids along with continuous monitoring of BP, pulse, SpO2, (pulse oximetry), ECG, Respirations, Capnography, etc.

A separate Recovery Record of Start & Discharge Times and to whom discharged, continuous monitoring of BP, pulse, respirations and level of consciousness with a recovery scale.

Here is the form format for the IT team to use!

Regards,

John L. Alonge, M.S., D.D.S.

cromfs
Premolar II

Here's another example:

0 Kudos