cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve132221
Canine III

iConsult

Are there any offices out there using iConsult? We have been using it for the past year, and we typically just use it to sign consents and TruForms, but we have found the integration with WinOMS to be clunky and frustrating, at best. Our experience is that only the patient's name is synced between WinOMS and iConsult, therefore leaving MRN and DOB (these two most importantly) having to be manually entered every time a new patient is created. Also, any attachments made through iConsult only go into the Attachments tab in WinOMS, where it would be much more user-friendly if those attachments went into the EMR itself.

Does anyone else have (hopefully a better) experience with iConsult? Suggestions?

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
cjenkins
Canine III

Re: iConsult

We are considering purchasing this product.  I also am interested if anyone is using iConsult and the pros/cons they feel others should know about.  Any feedback from users would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Steve -- remind me what MRN stands for?

0 Kudos
steve132221
Canine III

MRN stands for Medical Record Number (patient ID in WinOMS)

steve132221
Canine III

Hi Christi,

We have had iConsult for about a year and a half now, and our usage of it has been limited to simply signing TruForms and consent forms. I know there is a lot more that iConsult can potentially do, but that was and is our need for it. Unfortunately, the integration into WinOMS is not very user-friendly, and creates the scenario in which we are searching multiple locations for information that we are trying to find. We have also incurred a lot of bugs with the iConsult app itself. We have found a way to sign consent forms on our iPads, and will be updating the signature fields on our TruForm, and as such, will actually be no longer using iConsult sometime in the near future. I'm sorry I don't have a better recommendation for you, but if you would like to discuss things in more detail, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at our office, (814) 838-2144.

All The Best,

Steve

0 Kudos