Can tasks be transferred from one associate to another?
Good morning Penny (penny),
Yes, you can change the assignment of a ToDo task. Here's how:
1. Log in as the staff member that currently has the task assigned.
2. Click Functions, Staff ToDo.
3. If there is more than one task assigned to the staff member, click once on the one you want to reassign, to select it.
4. Click the Change button.
5. In the "Assign Task To" pull-down option, select the staff member you wish to reassign the task to and click OK.
6. You will see the following warning:
7. Like the warning says, if the staff member who had the task assigned to them is currently logged into Orthotrac, have them log off and back in. The task will then appear in their task list.
Note that when a task is reassigned like this, the "Assigned By" field will still show the staff member who originally assigned the task to the first staff member, that is, the person who created the task. This is for tracking purposes.
Also please be aware that there is a known defect in Orthotrac where you cannot change or remove tasks that are in the future, if there are no tasks set on the current day (the "Change" and "Remove" buttons will be grayed out if this is the case. This will be fixed in a future version of Orthotrac, but in the meantime, the workaround is to simply add a task for today's date to enable the "Change" and "Remove" buttons, then browse to the future date in question and change or remove that task.
If you have any other questions, please let us know!
Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation
Thank you for your response. I understand changing the tasks as stated but
we have a change in staff members and therefore we wanted to change
multiple tasks at once not individually. Is there a way to do that?
Good day Penny (penny),
Unfortunately there is not currently a "mass reassign" option in the ToDo function. The tasks would need to be reassigned one at a time.
Retrieving data ...