Is there anyway to get all email addresses from OrthoTrac Cloud in Excel or any other downloadable format?
Good day Dr. Kingry (mkingry),
OrthoTrac stores its email addresses in the Phone table. The steps will vary slightly depending on whether you want a list of patients with email addresses, or responsible parties with email addresses:
1. From the main menu of the OrthoTrac software click Functions, Contact Experts.
2. Click on Pt Phone Type from the list of Patient Fields at the bottom of the screen. If you wish to find a list of responsible parties with emails instead, select Rsp Phone Type from the list of Responsible Party fields.
3. Select the Is equal to option from the drop-down list.
4. Select EM email from the list of phone types in the drop down list.
5. Click the Search button.
6. When the search results display click Pt Phone # from the list of patient fields to include the phone number on the report.
7. Click Pt Phone Type to include the phone type in the report.
(NOTE: If you had searched for responsible parties instead, click Rsp Phone # and Rsp Phone Type to include the phone number and phone type on the report).
8. Click the Report button.
9. Click Export Contents.
10. If you want to save the file on your local PC, select the V:\ drive from the drive listings (the V:\ mapped drive equates to the C:\ drive on your local PC), then select the folder where you want to save the file.
If you want to save the file to the Shared Cloud folder where it can be accessed from other PCs, select the U:\Shared Cloud Folder\ mapped drive.
11. Enter a filename in the File Name box and click Open to select that file name and location.
12. Click OK on the Print Options screen to save the file.
13. When the file has finished exporting, click Close to close the Contact Experts search window.
This will save the file in a .CSV comma delimited format which can be opened by Microsoft Excel. Once you have the file, you may modify the list as you choose.
If you have any other questions, please let us know!
Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations
Thanks for the reply. I have tried these steps and get a list with phone numbers and emails. I guess what you are saying is that there is no way to get a list of e-mails with out getting the phone numbers. If so, this needs be be addressed. There should be a way to get e-mails only so blasts could be run to specific types of patients. This only highlights the fact that OrthoTrac is in need of an overhaul at the coding level ( i.e. get rid of all the old DOS program that's still baked into the system with a pretty Windows layer on top).
Unfortunately, because email addresses are currently stored in the Phone table, it is not possible to separate them out from the patients' cell/home/work numbers. Doing so would, as you have guessed, require an overhaul of the OrthoTrac database layout. That said, Development has previously heard requests to have email addresses moved to their own table so that is likely on the table in a future version of OT.
In the meantime, you should be able to delete the extra phone numbers that are not needed, either manually or using commands through Excel. If you want to remove all data except the email addresses, you can choose to sort the column containing the phone numbers alphabetically. This will group almost all the phone numbers together, leaving the email addresses in a block at the end. You can then quickly delete all of the phone numbers, leaving only the email data. Be careful of any email addresses that begin with a number, as those will still appear in the midst of the phone number list depending on which number they start with. They will always stand out quickly so it is unlikely you'll overlook them. You would want to do this kind of data checking anyway to remove any duplicate email addresses in the list that may have been listed for multiple patients.
Retrieving data ...