juriz

Record Locking Discussion

Discussion created by juriz Employee on Oct 16, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 by juriz

As we prepare to work on the next PracticeWorks release, one issue continues to come up; record locking. 

I know this is a huge pain point for most PracticeWorks users. What I don't know are the specific workflows you are trying to perform, but can't, due to record locking. 

For example,

-This afternoon a doctor I spoke to described the record locks his front desk received while he was treatment planning in the clinical module and the patient was checking out.

-During an office visit last week, I saw record locking after suspending the clinical module. 

In some cases (such as the record lock after suspending charting) we've identify defects and will correct them. In other cases, we have record locks that are part of the application that we'd need to find a way around. 

What workflows are interrupted (or impossible) due to record locking in your practice? Please be as specific as you can. If you'd rather have a discussion please let me know in the comments below and I'll schedule a time to call your office. 

I'd like to see if some of these workflows can be enabled in the next release. 

Outcomes