cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
501Aflak
Canine II

E-CLAIMS question

For Orthotrac... is there a difference in how E-Claims are sent based on if you have ADA 2006 or ADA 2012 forms selected in Insurance Claim Options?  I have had several insurance companies ask for ADA 2012 forms and we still have ADA 2006 marked on our claim options.

Thanks!!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
gibbsortho
Canine II

It is because the system is not updated to the new form I dont know why they dont try to change it because insurance companies are missing information like the remaining months of treatment or I think it is the total months of treatment it is one of those and so they end up calling our office asking that question and it delays claim processing

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @501Aflak!

The eClaims are submitted in a HIPAA-compliant data format.  The ADA form revisions only apply to physically printed claims. 

0 Kudos

@tshaw, I ask because I get questions from insurance companies about info that is not sent over via e-claims, even though I  complete it on my "screen". What is received does not have all of the same things, so I thought maybe it was due to the version I was completing being different than the version being received by insurance. Also, I need to use 2012 for a few printed claims, but I cannot get them lined up correctly when printing, even after running the utility for that.  I have just saved a 2012 claim form on my computer and I manually input all info if I need one printed. Thank you for the information!

0 Kudos