cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyap
First Molar I

Need help with charting buttons

This is a fake patient that we use to test things in our system, so none of this is a HIPAA violation.  I need help with a few things in charting.  

I just created an appointment with no procedures in it, checked in and seated patient.  We are pretending that the scenario is the patient has a toothache where we previously told him he would need a crown.  I want to pull that treatment over as what we are doing today, so I click this "Tx Plan" button in the middle of the screen:

sonyap_0-1629214585973.png

The box below comes up next.  I'm not sure which tx plan this particular procedure is in, so I select "view plan".

sonyap_1-1629214677136.png

However, when I do that, nothing happens.  I see something flicker int he middle of the screen (around "Existing" and "Completed" and "Proposed" but nothing pops up on screen and nothing new is in the task bar.  It doesn't matter which tx plan I highlight before clicking "view plan" - nothing comes up for any of them.  What am I missing?  What is SUPPOSED to happen when I click "view plan"?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jdowner

Re: Need help with charting buttons

The "View plan" Button will make the selected plan the active tx plan on the chart.  The flashing on the chart is it processing to make any needed graphic and progress note changes needed to reflect the now selected/active tx plan. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
sonyap
First Molar I

But how do I know if I want that to be the active plan?  I want to VIEW it first so that I can see what is in it.  So are you saying that I have to click "view plan" and then click on the Tx Plan tab up top to see what is in there?

Then perform the same sequence for all the different tx plans until I find the one I need?

0 Kudos
jdowner

@sonyap 

At least from the tx plan button while on the hard tissue list, yes. It will not allow you to view the contents of the tx plan from that button it just selects it as the active plan on the chart.  

You would need to go ahead and go to the tx plan tab and select the plan from there and you can see what codes are on it as you select it. 

That or give each plan an appropriate description so you know which one is which and you aren't having to potentially guess which one is being selected. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst