Contact Expert is a module used to build custom reports. Search criteria is used to determine which patients or responsible parties to locate. Once the search has been completed, the patients (or responsible parties) that meet the criteria are displayed in a list. To view a patient in the list, double-click the patient's name. Up to eight additional items can be added to the report.
The search can assist with other functions, such as printing labels and letters, viewing patient's photos, and creating a export file for HOUSECALLS. Reports can also be saved and used at a future date. When you load and run a saved report, an option to view the previous search results or to actively search again is presented.
CREATING THE SEARCH CRITERIA
1. From the main menu, select Functions > Contact Expert.
2. From the List of drop-down field, select Patients or Responsible Parties. Contact Expert can be used to show patient names or responsible party names.
3. Select the report search criteria from the list at the bottom of the window. Add any field from the three search categories at the bottom of the screen: Patient Fields, Communications Questions, or Responsible Party Fields. Click on the first blue box in the Where section and select the item you want to find from the list at the bottom of the screen.
- Patient Fields - When this option is selected, a complete list of the available database fields that are associated with patient information is displayed in window. To use one of the items in the list to find the patients or responsible parties, click the item.
- Communications Questions - When this option is selected, all of the available questionnaire questions are displayed in the list. To use one of the items in the list to find the patients or responsible parties, click the item.
- Responsible Party Fields - When this option is selected, all of the available database fields that are associated with the responsible party information are displayed. To use one of the items in the list to find patients or responsible parties, click the item.
Note: Not all items in the Communication Questions can be sorted based on the type of information the question contains. When Responsible Parties is selected, only the Responsible Party Fields can be used for sorting.
4. To determine the sort order, select in ascending order or in descending order from the drop-down field.
5. Select a qualifier for the search field from the list:
- Is equal to, is not equal to, starts with, ends with, contains - For each search criteria there is a choice between some or all of these constraints. If is equal to or is not equal to is selected, the search is quantified by the constraint. For starts with, ends with, and contains,there is only one quantifier entry.
Example: If Pt ID Number is selected as the first search criteria and 10000 is entered as the first quantifier and 20000 as the second quantifier, the Contact Expert finds all patients with an account number between 10000 and 20000.
6. Select additional search criteria as needed by repeating steps 5 and 6. Up to eight search criteria may be selected.
Note: When using multiple search criteria, Contact Expert searches for records that match all of the criteria. If the search includes Pt ID Number and Pt City, Contact Expert looks for all records that match the Pt ID Number and the Pt City criteria. The exception to this is if the same search criteria is selected more than once. If Status is chosen as a search criteria twice, Contact Expert searches for records where the Status equals the first or second Status chosen.
7. Click Apply if the search is to be saved. Enter a name for the search and click OK.
8. Click Search. Contact Expert displays the results of the search.
Example Search Criteria:
To find patients with a specific status, click the Status in the Patient fields at the bottom of the screen. The word Status displays in the blue box and the box to the right displays Is equal to and is not equal to. To find patients with the selected status, select Is Equal To. To find patients without the selected status, select Is Not Equal To.
SEARCH RESULTS SCREEN
Viewing Patient Chart Information---Search results showing patients and responsible parties are displayed in the left window. Double-click the patient or responsible party name to open and view the patient's chart. When the patient's chart is closed, the software returns to the search results window. In this way, you can verify anything in a patient's chart without closing the search results and running the report again.
Remove button---When you do not want a patient or responsible party in a report, click the Remove button.
Note: All functions and the option buttons on the right side exclude patients or responsible parties that have been flagged as Removed.
Use the Restore button to restore a patient or responsible party to the list.
Additional Report fields---When additional information is to be included in the report, you can select up to eight additional fields. Any field in the three categories at the bottom of the screen can be included in the report.
Control buttons---When the search results are displayed, you can use these tools:
- Photos: To view the patients' or responsible parties' photos, click the Photos button. To return to the search results window, click Return to Text Fields.
- Letters: To post letters to all of the patients or responsible parties in the list, click the Letters button and select the letter.
- Labels: To print labels to all of the patients or responsible parties in the list, click the Labels button. Note: Additional fields that have been selected do not print on the labels.
- Cards: To print post cards for selected patients or responsible parties, click the Cards button. Select a message or add a new message. Note: Additional merge fields used in the word processing letters can be added to include additional information on the cards.
- Report: To print a report for selected patients or responsible parties and include the additional report fields, click the Report button.
- Export: To export a .csv file to be used with Housecalls or as a text file, click the Export button.
- Totals: To show a graph of the financial statistics for selected patients, click the Totals button. The graph can be printed. To close the graph, click the Close.
- Restart: To return to the search criteria window to rebuild the report, click the Restart button. Note: An option to save the report allows it to be saved before it is modified.
- Apply: To save the report under a specific title that is entered by the user, click the Apply button. Once the report is saved, it can be used again.
- Close: To close the report, click the Close button. A prompt asks you to save the report.