When attempting to print a letter to an Outside Doctor the following error message is presented:
This error is caused by either:
A. No outside doctor has been assigned to the patient.
B. If an outside doctor has been assigned to the patient has no specialty associated with him/her. If this is the case, see the section on ADDING A SPECIALTY TO AN OUTSIDE DOCTOR'S INFORMATION
1. Select Functions, Patient Information from the patient's chart.
2. Click the Referrals button. In version 12 and higher click the Add Doctor link in the Patient Information window then skip to step 04.
3. Click Add under the (Patient Name) Doctors section.
4. Select the Patient's doctor from the OrthoTrac Software Outside Doctor Look-up window. If the patient's doctor is not in the list, click Add to add the patient's doctor then enter the doctor's information. When the doctors information has been entered, click OK.
5. Click OK.
6. Verify that the doctor has now been added under (patient's name) Doctors.
7. Click OK.
8. Re-post the letter.
ADDING A SPECIALTY TO AN OUTSIDE DOCTOR'S INFORMATION
1. Select Functions, Maintenance/Set-up, Outside Doctor Information from the main menu of OrthoTrac.
2. Double-click the doctor's name.
3. Use the Specialty pull-down list to assign a specialty to the doctor.
4. Click OK in the Outside Doctor Information window.
5. Click Cancel in the OrthoTrac Software Outside Doctor Lookup window.
6. Re-post the letter.
[[Article #: 10276ATL]]