Since upgrading to version 16.x.x I can no longer launch 2 copies of CS SoftDent software
Note: Only applies to Classic Scheduler versions such as 16.x.x \ 17.x
Does Not Apply to versions 15.x.x \ 116.x.x \ 117.x
Does Not Apply to Cloud versions as they utilize a Citrix connection
The ability to launch two (2) copies of CS SoftDent software is still available with the following steps:
1. Right click on the current CS SoftDent Software icon on your desktop
2. From the options, choose Copy
3. Move to a blank space on the desktop and right click again.
4. From the options, choose Paste (this should create a new CS SoftDent icon on the desktop).
5. Right click on the newly created CS SoftDent icon
6. From the options, choose Properties
7. Change the Target path which is the top field of the Properties window to C:\SoftDent\SDWin.exe –sus (this should be the local location of the executable SDWin.exe minus the Software Update System) thus allowing a second copy of CS SoftDent to be logged in (Do Not make any changes to the original CS SoftDent icon as it will not launch if changes are made)
8. Click OK at the bottom right of the Window.
9. Launch CS SoftDent from both CS SoftDent icons and log in to each to ensure that you are able to log into CS SoftDent from both icons now.
CS SoftDent, by default, installs to workstations in the following directory: C:\SoftDent. However, based on the installed version it may install into a different directory as seen below:
Client Server (Faircom) installs to: C:\Client\SDWinCS.exe, by default, and therefore the new Target path within Properties would be: C:\Client\SDWinCS.exe -sus