When printing letters, has anyone had issues printing posted letters from letter set up? It keeps defaulting to by pass tray which is the incorrect tray. We have changed the tray settings and chosen the correct tray it will still default to the by pass tray.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Good day Tara ( @hwhtara),
Tray settings for letters can be set in two different places: firstly, the setting in the letter Word document itself, and secondly, whatever printer settings you have set on the printer itself. To ensure things are set properly in the letter document itself, please do the following:
1. Open the letter in Letter Setup.
2. Select File, Options, Advanced.
3. Scroll down till you see the "Print" section.
4. Check the setting for "Default tray". Unless you use the same printer for printing letters from every workstation in the office, it is strongly recommended that this should be left set at "Use printer settings". If the setting is not set that way, set it that way.
5. Click OK to close the Options window.
6. Click the X in the upper right corner to close the Word letter document.
7. Select Yes if asked to save changes.
8. Click OK to close the Letter Setup window for that letter.
You'll need to repeat these steps for any specific letters that are exhibiting an issue with tray behavior.
Setting this option (or confirming that it is already set) ensures that the tray selection is controlled by the individual printer's settings. You will want to check the individual tray settings on the printer (which may be a setting on the printer's menu itself, or a setting in the Windows printer properties, depending on the printer). You may need to consult with your office technician to verify the correct settings.
Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations