Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paularyfa
Premolar II

Cannot log in following your hardware upgrade

Jump to solution

I had difficulty logging in with many of my stations, but was able to do it on all except the laptop associated with our digital scanner. In the queue for help but thought I'd post in case anyone had any insight. Thx.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Cannot log in following your hardware upgrade

Jump to solution

Good morning Paula ( @paularyfa ),

The following steps should resolve the issue:

1. Right-click Receiver and click Exit.  The Citrix Receiver icon looks like this:

Systray.png

2. Delete any Cloud shortcuts on your desktop that are not working.  

3. Restart Citrix Receiver (Start, All Programs, Citrix, Receiver). 

4. Right-click the Citrix Receiver icon and click About. 
about.png
5. Click Advanced, then Online Plug-in Settings.
online plugin.png

6. Click Refresh Applications.
refresh.png

7. You may need to re-enter the user credentials. If that window comes up, try the default password ( MyDent@l3! ) first.  If that password does not work, please contact us directly with a list of the users for which that password is not working. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar II

Jump to solution

and then after being on hold for one hour and 40 minutes and being THE NEXT CALLER IN THE QUEUE I get nothing but dead air, call from my cell phone and go from next to 45th caller in the queue.  If there is an issue, post it on the status page!

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar II

Jump to solution

I got into the laptop finally.  I had been doing that because that is an ongoing issue with another work station that help desk says should be all set. Yet every day I have to do that.

Separate from that I get THE REQUESTED RESOURCE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE SERVER for access to Word, Email, and Excel.  Is that related to the hardware upgrade? thx.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day Paula ( @paularyfa ),

"The requested resource has been removed from the server" indicates a problem with the shortcut for that application.  The steps I provided should resolve that.  Make sure to delete the existing shortcuts on your desktop, then use the "Refresh Applications" shortcuts to recreate them. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar II

Jump to solution
Thanks I'm sorry I misread which part of the citrix receiver reset I was doing. I was just so mad about being on hold for so long without any info. I will try that now
0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar II

Jump to solution

I'm in.  Thanks for the steps. Sorry for the rant.  I had to reset the citrix receiver on all stations and log in with passwords to get back in which worked fine except for one running as admin (fixed now) but what I didn't realize is the refresh applications was needed for Outlook, Word, and Excel.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good morning Paula ( @paularyfa ),

I'm happy the steps worked for you.  I will be glad to forward your concerns about the lack of communication to Management. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations