cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar III

Cloud slowing/not responding lockups

For quite some time, we have had issues with lockups, images not being saved, unresponsiveness, etc.  This happened in our office yesterday no less than 5 times, bringing two work stations to a halt.  I called on 2.  Apparently part of the application was open on the Carestream end, and escalations closed the hanging application, and the program worked again, until the next lockup.  It was recommended I call every time, and of course, that is impractical.  I know how to force close the citrix receiver when it is stuck, but again, this is time consuming and often results in the loss of data.  

What I am wondering is if it is a citrix receiver issue?  Is it an order of operations issue?  I do know that some tasks need to be done in an exact order to avoid lockups (for instance, sending images up to the cloud, posting charges/payments in a certain order, etc.  Are there certain orders of operation we should be sure to follow to reduce this? What causes the citrix receiver to dip and time out?  We have excellent internet, and it happens to all stations regardless of hardwired or wifi.  Just looking for some insight on how to reduce these interruptions, and wondering if other offices are seeing this too.  Thx.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Premolar III

Re: Cloud slowing/not responding lockups

ok on hold again with the same issue of lockups on a work station after having been down yesterday.  this is unacceptable.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Paula - 

I will make sure the right resources are reaching out and looking at what action/guidance we can offer to mitigate the recurring issue for you.  

Highlighted
Premolar III

Thx John.  I know you guys are swamped.  I am just so frustrated because this issue keeps happening on my imaging work station and we've lost images on several occasions. 

0 Kudos