Is there a way to customize any of the standard reports in Orthotrac. For example, I recently ran a report for patient starts for the calender year 2015 and it appears in alphabetical order by patient. Is there a way to change this to sort by start date (I want to determine how many starts per month for the year but I don't want to have to run 12 individual reports). Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Good day Dr. Leizer,
Unfortunately, the preset reports in Orthotrac are hard-coded and cannot be customized further. The options available for any given report will be visible when you run that report, as radio button options or checkboxes. If the option you want is not shown, then it is not available for that specific report.
However, if the particular report you are running doesn't have the option you want for sorting, search criteria, etc., you can always create a customized report using Contact Experts:
1. Select Functions, Contact Experts from the main menu.
2. At the top, select the field that you want to sort by (by default this will sort by patient last name). If you wanted to sort the results in order by start date, for example, you might choose Band Date instead.
3. Click the first "Where" field to select the search criteria. For example, you would select Band Date again, then select "Is equal to" and enter dates between 01/01/2015 and 12/31/2015.
4. Choose any additional search criteria you want. When finished, click "Search".
5. When the results display, click any additional pieces of information you want to display (in this case you would select Band Date again to have that information displayed in the report).
6. Click the Report button to print or view the results.
Contact Experts reports can be run for any number of different search criteria. More information on this topic is available on the page "OrthoTrac: Creating a Custom Report in the Contact Expert".
Phil Carter / Orthotrac Support