Is there a way to disable the use of patient flow on a couple of work stations? For a couple of work stations, it is not necessary at all, sometimes inadvertently gets open, and then bogs the system down. Thx
Solved! Go to Solution.
Good day Paula ( @paularyfa ),
Patient flow cannot be disabled for a specific workstation. You can, however, limit access to patient flow for specific OrthoTrac users in Security Maintenance (users without security permissions to access Patient Flow will receive a message stating "You don't have permission to access this function" when they try to launch it).
To set security permissions to prevent a specific OT user from having access to patient flow (note: this will have to be done by someone who has permission to access the Security module, usually the doctor or office manager)
1. Select Functions, Maintenance / Setup, Security.
2. Select the "By Staff" radio button, then select the staff member's name from the pull-down list.
3. Select the "Main Menu" radio button.
4. On the right side, set "Patient Flow" to "No".
5. Click OK, then click OK to the message asking you to restart OrthoTrac.
6. Have that specific staff member log out of OrthoTrac and back in.
Once these steps have been completed that staff member will no longer be able to access Patient Flow from any PC.
Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations
This would be similar to how we have created a "staff member" called Office Charting which we limited the permissions to checking in patients at our check-in workstation.
We are considering creating a "staff member" who's only permissions are in Imaging for the computer station we do all our imaging at. This will avoid our TC being signed into three different workstations at any given time but still allow the patient flow to be up and visible.