Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canine II

Filing insurance

Jump to solution

If a patient needs separators before initial banding or before placing an appliance would you file insurance at the separators appointment or on the initial band date/date of placing appliance?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Filing insurance

Jump to solution

Good day Kim ( @kimm ),

Unfortunately, the best answer I can give you here is to contact your insurance carriers and ask them what they require. Insurance companies vary in their requirements so any overall answer I can give is bound to be incorrect for some carriers. 

Most carriers will require a separate claim for any work that is done for a patient, so I would guess that generally you will need to file a claim for the separators appointment and then another one for the banding/initial placement. 


Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations