cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar II

How do you transfer a payment from one RP to another?

Jump to solution

A payment was made on an account before the contract was posted.  Payment posted to RP1, but RP2 signed the contract.  RP2 then left, so I didn't have his credit card.  I posted the contract and assumed I could transfer the payment from RP1 to RP2. However, it took it off the balance, and not from the current due, which was the downpayment.  I called the Help Desk, and we bullied the ledger with adjustments, but I keep thinking there has to be a better way.  Why wouldn't the transfer go towards the current due? Thx.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do you transfer a payment from one RP to another?

Jump to solution

Good day Paula (paularyfa‌),

Most RP-to-RP transfers do not affect current balance, by design.  Exceptions are when there is a credit balance on the ledger, or when the amount being transferred away is all due and the transfer is for the entire amount on the ledger. Below is a screenshot of an example.  In this example, I posted a payment for $250 for Jane Doe, leaving a credit balance in current and total for -$250, then posted a contract for John Doe for $3000 with initial fee of $250.  I then selected to do a balance transfer from John Doe to Jane Doe for $250 so the balance would be lowered on John and raise Jane's.  Because Jane's balance was a credit balance, the $250 being transferred to her did affect her current balance as well as her total balance:

However, you'll note that John's current balance was not affected, by default.  You can always double click the "Adj(+/-)" column if you wish to adjust the current / this-month balance during a transfer adjustment.  In this case you would double-click the 0.00 underneath the -250.00 in "Adj (+/-)" column for John and then you could enter -250.00 there to affect the currently due balance as well. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Most RP-to-RP transfers do not affect current balance, by design.  Exceptions are when there is a credit balance on the ledger, or when the amount being transferred away is all due and the transfer is for the entire amount on the ledger. Below is a screenshot of an example.  In this example, I posted a payment for $250 for Jane Doe, leaving a credit balance in current and total for -$250, then posted a contract for John Doe for $3000 with initial fee of $250.  I then selected to do a balance transfer from John Doe to Jane Doe for $250 so the balance would be lowered on John and raise Jane's.  Because Jane's balance was a credit balance, the $250 being transferred to her did affect her current balance as well as her total balance:

However, you'll note that John's current balance was not affected, by default.  You can always double click the "Adj(+/-)" column if you wish to adjust the current / this-month balance during a transfer adjustment.  In this case you would double-click the 0.00 underneath the -250.00 in "Adj (+/-)" column for John and then you could enter -250.00 there to affect the currently due balance as well. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar II

Jump to solution

If the patient simply became the RP regardless of age, would that then solve the problem? Front desk often finds it confusing that they have to determine who they are posting against when running credit cards.  I understand the ledger and transferring it, just not sure how to sort through the confusion here.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what problem you're referring to here.  You now seem to be talking about posting CC payments and confusion over which RP is used for those payments, which is something entirely different.  Do you need me to call you so you can explain further?

[[EDITED 6/21/18:  Paula's question has been answered.]]

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar II

Jump to solution

yes please. Because we are using the automated credit card processing, the payments are going through on RP 1 regardless of who is the intended RP.

0 Kudos