cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braceslc
Canine III

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac? -- Part 2

In the new version 14 of treatment card.  It has Dentist:       but no name unless you click on the tooth.  Can you have the dentist name there?  Then click on the tooth if you need more info?

Thanks, Laurie

0 Kudos

Good day Laurie (braceslc‌),

We have already had this feedback from a few other offices and Development is looking at a redesign of that section to incorporate what you mentioned. Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
mjw
Canine II

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your reply. What's frustrating is that many of the reporting and dashboard features that we really need are readily available with other orthodontic management programs yet they are missing here. 

Is there a customer steering committee for Orthotrac for users to provide feedback on what the practices need? 

Best Regards,

Maks

paularyfa
Premolar I

Totally agree with you on these issues. That's my problem.  The first page you see does not always show the total balance, even though it is labeled as such.  It is a major flaw, in my opinion.  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

uriyahrobinsonr.alfieri

0 Kudos

Good day Paula (paularyfa‌),

Years ago, the insurance balances on the Charges and Payments screen acted like the responsible party balances do now -- that is, they reflected the insurance balances for the currently-selected insurance in the pull-down menu at the top.  The "Total Balance" field thus reflected the combined total of the currently selected RP's balance and the currently selected insurance's balance. 

Hoewver, due to client feedback we made a change in version 11.5 (five or six years ago at least) to have the insurance balances on that screen reflect the balances for ALL insurances instead of just the currently selected one.  Because this change was made so long ago and we've moved to a new defect-tracking system since then, we don't have records of the rationale for changing the insurance balances but leaving the responsible party balances the way they were (that is, reflecting the balance only for the currently selected responsible party).  Regardless, we agree that it makes no sense to have insurance balances show the total across all insurances while the RP balances show only the currently selected one, and will be changing this in a future version of OT so that the balances for Patient on that screen reflect all RP balances across that patient and the Total Balance field reflects all RP and all insurance balances. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Maks,

This is something we are currently investing in and will be getting customer feedback on at this week's upcoming AAO meeting in D.C. 

You've named a few examples, but what other metrics should we be looking at?

paularyfa
Premolar I

Well, I have a couple of more suggestions if you want to reduce user frustration.  1)  Fix the claim issue with old claims changing past information and pulling in new banding dates.  For example, pt has 2 phases of treatment.  Original claim submitted with original band/appliance date.  Now pt has phase 2.  I create a new claim with new banding date.  Old claim now displays new banding date.

2)  Next, the Outlook Cloud plug-in for encrypted email has been lacking for years.  Now you have a contract with Protected Trust.  I did everything with them as instructed.  If someone responds to my email, even though I clearly have an account now with Protected Trust, the response launches into Microsoft Edge (cannot change to any other browser due to Outlook Cloud limitation).  From Edge, I now have to sign into my existing account with Protected Trust to read the response email instead of being able to read it directly in my Outlook.  This isn't a Protected Trust issue.  This is an Outlook Cloud issue. 

3)  Let me know if you are hiring beta testers.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thank you Paula, we have your suggestions noted.  Adding you as Beta tester would be a great addition. I will discuss with r.alfieri‌ as we begin to form our Beta testing sites.  Thank you

DrRitucci
Canine II

Hi Phil,

Two improvements immediately come to mind: 1) print the patients oral hygiene score on their appointment ticket (ie - At today's visit Sam's OH was 3 out of 5 stars) 2) include the Dr's, referred to Dr's, etc. e-mail address so that an e-mail can be initiated from the patient information tab.

Thanks,

Dr. Ritucci