cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

drdougortho‌, thanks for the feedback.  Changes are underway to improve the stability, reliability and availability (that's a lot of -ability) of our Cloud offering.  

Last year we spent the entire summer improving the infrastructure and some internal processes which allowed us to continue offering our existing services to a larger number of users.  This year we are focusing on the Cloud Imaging portion of the service, and certain portions of the process you mentioned will be reengineered.  

Ultimately, we want you to be view and edit your images in the cloud, and do that quickly, with ease.  

To answer your question, specifically -- If you have lag while performing image edits on your local machine (on images not in the cloud), any lag you feel could be caused by myriad local environment issues.  Things to consider would include available machine memory, the number of active processes and free processor resources, the type of graphics card you are running, the size of the image and where it is stored (and the network setup between those two places), and even whether there are other people connected to the same image server, doing the same thing you are.  

...Of course it would be easier for our techs to investigate that directly with you.  If you are still having this issue would you let us know?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

jeffrey.urkevich‌ will see this! Thanks zachtonlowe

0 Kudos
zachtonlowe
Canine III

jeffrey.urkevichprcarter here is what orthobanc said to me, a direct quote from their email to me today  "We would love to integrate with their system and we have many mutual clients that would receive benefits from an integration like this."  

So it seems like all parties are interested in making this happen.  Marla Merritt phone number 1-888-758-0585 extension 8304 at orthobanc can make this happen, Is Jeff Urkevich the best to talk with at Orthotrac to make this happen.  This would be great for many of your clients.

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Good morning zachtonlowe‌,

First, thank you for participating in the Community, discussions like this one benefit many customers.  Marla Merritt may not be aware that there are exclusivity clauses on both sides of the fence that prevent us from integrating the products.  We spent some time with Bill Holt, Orthobanc's president, a couple of years ago discussing our relationship and the result was that current contracts will not allow a relationship at this level.  I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Jeff

preichl
Canine II

My co-worker had a suggestion. A couple of weeks ago, there was "system wide whiteout" in the cloud, delaying all images from getting up to the cloud.  Would like to have a verbal message on your "on hold" recording.  We waited 40 minutes ON HOLD, as I'm sure many others did.  A short explanation would have ended many waiting.

Good day Heidi (preichl‌),

Generally when we need to inform our Cloud clients of system-wide updates, changes, or issues, the Product IT team does send messages via pop-up windows that appear onscreen for all Cloud clients, in an effort to be proactive with communications. I know this was done a couple of times during the recent Imaging upload delays, so we did at least try to keep you informed.  

Your suggestion of changing the phone hold message as well is a good one and I am tagging Matt Ackerman (matt.ackerman) and Jeff Urkevich (jeffrey.urkevich)  to make sure Management is aware.  Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

We are definitely improving this soon, and have been working to communicate better and provide information that is proactive instead of just reactive.  I think you will see some additional changes soon, but you should also see the pop-up messages that prcarter‌ mentions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
drdougortho
Canine III

Here's one:  maybe there is a way that i don't know about:  but when we generate a letter and have the pan xray automatically loaded to the letter (from setting it up on the template).  there needs to be a way to have the date automatcially load to the xray... competitor software can do this... right now, i have to stop, go back to imaging, find the date, then type in manually... and as a doc, you can't send a pan to another doc and not have it dated.

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hello drdougortho‌,

I don't know if there's an existing way to do this or not.  I'm going to add some smart people here :-)

Thanks!

mara.quagliata@carestream.com

rhondacorley

0 Kudos

Good day Dr. Palaganas (drdougortho‌),

See below for a reply from Mara Quagliata.   [[Edited to prevent confusion]]

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation