cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james.rubbo
Canine II

Re: How should we improve OrthoTrac?

Hi Brandie,

You can also use the enter key on your keyboard to focus on the patient at the top of your list.

Pressing Enter once will focus on the patient, pressing enter a second time will open the selected patient.

This means you do not need to grab the mouse in order to start scrolling or to open the patient chart.

I hope this helps.

Regards

James Rubbo | International DPMS Service | Australia 

0 Kudos

Hi James,

And now it's *my* turn to learn something new for the day. Wasn't aware of this and thanks for passing it on to Brandie.  I'm tagging her here in case she didn't see your reply. brandie36‌,  looks like the Enter key will take care of things for you!

Thanks,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

kasianne1
Canine II

We recently had an issue with eForms. When the eforms were emailed to the patient it would place the location as our main office only. Orthotrac had a few hours in our server trying to get it to decipher between offices with no luck. They had to take out the location all together. So when our new patients get their eforms it does not confirm what office their appointment is. So my suggestion is to have the software pull directly from their appointment to put the location in the new patient form email. 

0 Kudos
brandie36
Canine III

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar II

I have a question regarding the claims module. We have almost 10 years of printed claims information stored in OrthoTrac. My predecessors never deleted printed claims from the claim history when they were paid. The reasoning being that there are occasions where we have to go back to see the claim history due to an insurance question or new insurance.  I have recently started deleting claims when treatment is completed. With more and more insurance companies switching payments via EFT's midway through treatment on more than one occasion I've had to hunt down a mystery EFT payment. Could a "paid" status be added to the claims module? This way I could run a report on COT claims marked unpaid. Currently I can only run reports for printed or unprinted ones and on more than one occasion have had to spend hours trying to figure out which patient a random EFT was for. 

If there was a way to mark a claim paid but not delete the claim from the claims history window it would be so helpful. I could then just run a report for unpaid claims that fell within a particular range of dates.

0 Kudos

Good day KasiAnne (kasianne1), 

Looking at Rich Shenberger's notes on that issue it appears the fix he gave you was done as a workaround.  It does seem like this is a design flaw which could be addressed so I am tagging the current Orthotrac PLM uriyahrobinson to make sure he's aware of your suggestion. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

0 Kudos

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌), 

Adding a "continuation of treatment claims - paid" would probably require a fairly major redesign of the Claims module.  How do claims get marked as paid? On what screen would you make that change? Should there be a method to batch mark multiple claims as paid but leave others?  Should there be any kind of checks and balances to prevent claims from being marked as paid without proof?  What new reports would have to be developed to go along with the new option?    Etc.  

However, as always we are happy to receive your suggestions and I am tagging the current Orthotrac PLM uriyahrobinson‌ to make sure he is aware of the feedback.  

Thanks!

Regards,

0 Kudos
ranjbar
Canine II

I agree that Emails should be able to be directly imported into patient tracking.  This would save multiple steps and time! The way we have addressed this without having to print and scan the email/document is by saving the email as a pdf to a folder on our U: drive that we named "scanned documents".  We then go into patient tracking and "scan a document", browse for the file that we saved and save it the patient's chart in tracking as a scanned document. For items that we need to email to a patient from Orthotrac (such as receipts) we will "print" the receipt but select the printer "NOVApdf" to save the document to our "scanned documents" folder or even to our desktop and email it to the patient from that folder or the desktop so that the document does not need to physically printed on paper and scanned into the chart prior to emailing to the patient.  

0 Kudos
katiejane62
Canine II

We do the same and it works great at our office !!

0 Kudos
claudiamiz
Canine II

I would like to see more flexibility in the schedule. For example, being able to close a day without losing all of the patients who may be already scheduled or being able to extend the hours of the day without having to delete the entire day and re-enter all of the appointments.

Another issue I have with the schedule is that I cannot block out a period of time where no patients can be scheduled. That is very frustrating

0 Kudos