cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrthoTrac Version 14.3 -- FAQs, Documentation, New Enhancements and Defect Fixes

*** UPDATE May 3rd ***  Approximately two weeks after the initial release of version 14.3.0.186, a defect was reported by a small number of offices which could conceivably cause data loss in Charting. Although the circumstances which produce this issue are unlikely to be seen by the vast majority of practices, Management chose to halt the distribution of version 14.3.0.186 until that defect could be corrected.  A fix is now available and has been implemented with the release of incremental version 14.3.0.188, which is now available for clients as of May 3rd, 2019.  All Cloud clients were updated with this incremental version as soon as it was available; for locally hosted clients, please contact Support to request the update be shipped. ***

ORIGINAL POST follows.  

CS OrthoTrac version 14.3.0.186  is now available and being pushed to our CS Orthotrac Cloud clients as rapidly as resources allow.  If your practice needs the version 14.3 update prioritized, please post here or contact Support at OrthotracSupport@csdental.com  or via phone at 866-722-2567.   

For clients who are on the locally hosted version of OrthoTrac, please contact Support at OrthotracSupport@csdental.com  or via phone at 866-722-2567 if you wish to schedule the update.

Frequently asked questions about this update:

Q.  What are the system requirements for this version?

A.  The latest versions of the System Requirements are available via the following links:

CS OrthoTrac Cloud:    

https://www.carestreamdental.com/globalassets/resource-library/software/cs-orthotrac/v14.3-cloud/eng...

CS OrthoTrac Office (locally hosted):   

https://www.carestreamdental.com/globalassets/resource-library/software/cs-orthotrac/v14.3/english/C...

Q.  What are the new enhancements available in this version?

A.  A What's New video is available at http://www.carestreamdental.com/OTWhatsNew  , or by clicking Help, What's New Video from the OrthoTrac main menu.

You may also view the full Release Notes for this version by clicking on the following link. 

https://www.carestreamdental.com/globalassets/resource-library/software/cs-orthotrac/v14.3/english/c...

Q.  What defects are corrected in this version?

A.  The following defects are corrected in version 14.3:

Charting Locks Up / Freezes When "User Defined Layout" is Selected
An issue where Charting would stop working if a User-Defined Layout was selected in a non-maximized window can no longer be reproduced. The problem was likely solved by other changes to the code.

Charting Won't Load Default View if Window Resized Only (CSOI Tab Not Detached)
If the user changed the window size on charting but did not detach the imaging tab, then saved the newly-configured view as default, it would lot automatically load; instead the new user-defined layout had to be selected from View > Customize Display > User Defined Layout. This defect has been fixed; the user defined layout loads automatically as expected.

Schedule Maintenance, Add Days Takes Much Longer to Load
An error in OrthoTrac 14.2.1 caused the newly-introduced Add Days function in Schedule Maintenance to take an unacceptably long time to complete. Support tests of customer network bandwidth find that internet speeds are well within established parameters.
The problem was corrected by modifying queries that detect conflicted appointment dates and using alternate functions to process Date and Time. Processing time in a test environment simulating the problem environment was reduced from 110 seconds to 11 seconds.

ePayments: Patient Info Missing from Credit Card Settlement if Not an Autopayment
A software defect prevented the patient name and address from appearing on the credit card processing settlement screen if the payment was not made through auto-payment; the information displayed properly if auto-payment was used to conduct the transaction. This made it difficult for staff to reconcile at the end of the day. It was discovered that the data was posting to the wrong fields. The problem has been corrected; Patient Name and Address now display appropriately.

Charting - Notes Are Not Saved in Notes Tab After User Navigates Back to Notes
If a patient had previous notes entered and Imaging v11.10.0.41 is installed, a new note would be lost if the user navigated away from the Notes tab and then returned to the Notes tab. This defect has been fixed.

Scheduling - Updating Standard Using New Add Days Function Removes Random Records from Schedule Day
When using the Add Days function introduced with OrthoTrac v14.2, a defect caused unrelated records to be removed from the Schedule Day if multiple location/doctor combinations were open on the same calendar date. This defect has been fixed.

As always, if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to post here or contact Support at OrthotracSupport@csdental.com  or via phone at 866-722-2567. 

9 Replies
paularyfa
Premolar I

Re: OrthoTrac Version 14.3 -- FAQs, Documentation, New Enhancements and Defect Fixes

I'm really disappointed that the banding date on claims for multiple phases has not been fixed.  This has caused problems on several claims because I hadn't noticed the defect right away.  I have even had an insurance company debit a bulk check for payments made to me because of the issue on the claim date. I now have to redo both claims, change the banding date for each and submit them separately.  

The clipboard still doesn't work, which is minor compared to the banding date issue.

I'm also bumming that the total balance on patient accounts has not been fixed or addressed.  Simply changing the wording from "TOTAL BALANCE" TO "RP TOTAL BALANCE" would at least alert the user that total is not total.

Happy about loading new days.  

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar I

Re: OrthoTrac Version 14.3 -- FAQs, Documentation, New Enhancements and Defect Fixes

Can't find the heart icon.  Support doesn't know where it is yet.  Also, pan stamp not working yet. They told me because imaging needs to be updated.

0 Kudos

Good day Paula ( @paularyfa ),

If by "heart icon" you mean the heart icon used to pin a Note in Charting, that option is only available when you are using the new Charting interface.  When I connected to your server to take a screenshot to point out the icon's location, I found you are currently using the original Charting.  However, here is a screenshot from a demo 14.3 dataset. 

The heart icon appears to the left side of any Note entered on the Notes tab of the new Charting:

2019-02-20 14_51_40.png

Once that icon is clicked, the Note will appear in the "Pinned Notes" section on the right:

2019-02-20 14_53_08.png

By "pan stamp" I assume you mean the feature for displaying the time stamp on the pan image preview in Charting.  The code for this is indeed part of OT version 14.3's release, but it also requires corresponding code in a new version of CSOI, and that version is not yet certified for release.  We had to choose between delaying the new OT 14.3 release until the new version of CSOI was available as well, or choosing to release 14.3 now to implement the other new features and fixes and then releasing the new CSOI version as soon as possible in following weeks. The choice was made to release OT 14.3 as soon as it was completed because there was such high demand for the scheduling delays fix in this version. 

I have asked, meanwhile, that the Release Notes be updated to clarify that while the pan date/timestamp is a feature newly added with version 14.3, it will only activate when the new version of CSOI is released as well. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

musichbusch
Canine III

Hello- We currently are running version 14.1.0.14 and are using the original treatment card since some of the issues were not resolved. 

I posted some issues we had awhile ago, I did get a response, but want to follow-up to see if these issues are resolved in the new update.

My orignial post:

1. When you go to edit an appointment the procedure code gets removed and the visit number disappears at the top left       I DO SEE THAT THIS IS REOLVED

2. We had a patient who we charted and saved- it appeared with no visit number and no procedure code. We tried editing, deleting, adding the code and nothing would make it an appointment with a code

3. If a patient calls in and schedules a same day appointment the from desk notes why they are coming in. This creates a visit, before they even come in for an appointment. So we had to either go and edit the notes and make that the appointment or type in a new appointment, but then that will not create an appointment and will not allow a procedure code. 

Please inform about #2, and #3 

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Good day Melissa ( @musichbusch ),

Item # 2, where an entry is initially saved as a comment-only entry and then you attempt to go back and attach a procedure code or codes to it, is not yet corrected.  The cause has been determined and it will be fixed in a future version.  

Item # 3, where a patient with an appointment scheduled for that day showed the scheduled procedure codes when you opened Charting in Comment Only mode, thus creating an unwanted visit, was corrected in version 14.2 of OrthoTrac. Opening in Comment Only mode now allows you to create just a comment as it should, regardless of whether the patient has an appointment scheduled for that day or not.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
audreyf
Canine III

We are currently running v14.2.1.140, and we have problems with rescheduling from a patient chart.  When you hit the Red X, it used to take the appt to the clipboard to put it on the schedule for a different day (and remove it from wherever it was scheduled originally), but it does not do that in this version for us.  Will that issue be addressed in the defects/bug fixes in v14.3? 

0 Kudos

Good day Audrey ( @audreyf ), 

I am sorry but that specific defect is not one of the listed defects that is corrected in version 14.3.  It will be addressed in a future version but we do not yet have an ETA on the fix. In the meantime, you can get around that issue by browsing directly to the day where the appointment is currently scheduled and dragging the appointment to the Clipboard area there. Once this is done the appointment will remain on the Clipboard as usual and you can move it to a new slot on the same day or browse to a different day and drag it to a new slot there. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar II

Phil, we never received the first version of 14.3 yet we were supposedly on the list to receive it. Can you make sure we are on the list to receive the updated version of 14.3???  We have been waiting forever for it so we can install 14.1 and 14.3 at the same time and hopefully switch back over to the new charting module.

0 Kudos

Good day Laura ( @sundberg101 ),

As I mentioned in the update to the original post, the distribution of version 14.3 has been halted temporarily due to the discovery of a defect in a newly introduced feature which can conceivably cause data loss.  Your office is already on the ship list and you will be sent the updated v14.3.0.188 when it is available. 

As a side note, you mentioned "install v14.1 and v14.3 at the same time".  That won't be necessary -- simply update to the latest version 14.3 without needing to update to version 14.1  first. 

Regards,

0 Kudos