cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paularyfa
Premolar I

Re: Orthotrac Updates 14.2

Jump to solution

Really thought I'd hear something on this.

fmcrt
Canine III

Jump to solution

Paula, I am too. I responded to Uriyah when this offer of Beta was posted and still no response.

My other question now is when is a 14.3 "real" fix coming?  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day Paula and Rob  ( @paularyfa  and @fmcrt ), 

I am reaching out to Uriyah now to request that he contact both of you directly. 

Paula, I already have your practice and contact information, but Rob, I do not know what practice you represent.  Your profile here on the Exchange shows an email address but no practice info and when I attempt to look up by the domain listed in the email I get a 403 Forbidden error.  Could you provide a practice phone number or simply advise of your practice or Dr. name?  I do, of course, have your email address already; I just want Uriyah to have multiple options when reaching out. 

Thank you,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

@fmcrt@paularyfa

Thanks for reaching back out.   In regards to our Beta program, we plan to initiate enrollment for our next upcoming release around mid-March.  

I will be in contact with you when we begin our Beta enrollment program.

I'm excited to be working with your offices.

Uriyah

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dano2112
Canine II

Jump to solution

I just joined this forum today and I saw this thread so I thought I would chime in with my experience.  A few weeks ago, before the holidays, I helped a practice install the 14.2 update and shortly thereafter, the staff started complaining to me that scheduling modules were pausing for long periods.  I explained to them that it was likely the new 14.2 update that was causing the delays but I never had time to call in to confirm that.  Then, right before the Christmas holiday, I helped another practice install the 14.2 update.  I did not hear much from them since the practice had a lot of off days but then, sure enough, they reached out to me at the beginning of this week to say they to were experiencing a lot of delays with scheduling.

Yesterday, I put in a call to Carestream Support and I spoke with a rep by the name of Ernest.  I proceeded to explain to Ernest about the two practices that updated to 14.2 and that they were experiencing slowness and right away, he said yes, we are aware of a "defect" in 14.2 that is causing the slowness and that he would take down the information for both practices.  Ernest also mentioned that 14.3 is due out which will address the "defect" but unfortunately, he didn't give me an estimated time as to when it would be available (although, to be fair, I don't know that I explicitly asked Ernest when the 14.3 update would ship).

In short, both of the practices I mentioned are now limping along with 14.2 until they can get their hands on the 14.3 update.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Premolar I

Jump to solution

awesome thx

0 Kudos
fmcrt
Canine III

Jump to solution
This is not a fix this is explaining why we are not functioning and need the fix - fixed....You can see the risk of problems it creates by the additional comments of those that did put 14.2 on their system and regret it.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you Daniel ( @dano2112 ) for your feedback.  Again, I'm sorry about the Add Days delay issue that these offices are seeing, but as mentioned previously, this issue has already been corrected in the code for version 14.3.  

Rob ( @fmcrt ), as for your question about when version 14.3 will be released, we literally just got word this afternoon that final regression testing on that version is now underway. If all goes as planned it is expected to begin deployment to our Cloud clients starting on January 28th, with shipments of DVDs to our locally hosted offices available approximately a week after that.  Please feel free to check back with us as that date nears for more specifics. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos