Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
orthotrakker
Canine II

any way to avoid entering procedure code & procedure description twice

Jump to solution

at the moment, once the patient receives tx, the clinicians/doctor enter all procedure codes and descriptions necessary for the patient's next appt.  when we, at the front desk, go to make that next appt - again, even though all the next appt info has already been put into  the system by the clinicians/doctor - we need to go through a series of dialogue boxes to REENTER the procedure codes and descriptions in order to make the appt.  that requires several extra steps & wastes time.  are we doing it wrong?  why not make that drop and drag just like checking patients in and out of lobby, observatory, etcetera in patient flow?   thanks in advance for any assistance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: any way to avoid entering procedure code & procedure description twice

Jump to solution

Hello @orthotrakker let me see if I can find someone to help you. 

@prcarter do you know? 

0 Kudos
orthotrakker
Canine II

Jump to solution
Many thanks in advance.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good morning @orthotrakker , 

I'm sorry about the delay in response to this. We have been shorthanded this week because many of our staff are at the Global Oral Health Summit conference. 

The issue you refer to is actually a defect in OrthoTrac which is projected for a fix in a future version of the software.  The extra clicks to pull in the procedure codes should not be needed so we will be reworking this. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
orthotrakker
Canine II

Jump to solution

to: Phil Carter - orthotrac escalations, etcetera all additional interested parties.

Many thanks for the response & confirmation that the need to enter procedure descriptions & then procedure codes in twice in order to make an appointment for a patient is, in fact & in deed, a defect in orthotrac.  Some follow up questions:

How long has this defect been a part of orthotrac?

How long (in weeks &/or months &/or years) will it take to a) reprogram orthotrac correctly to avoid the repeated steps described above; & b) get the corrected version out to all orthotrac users?

Many thanks in advance for a timely response.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good day @orthotrakker , 

The defect in question was first reported in version 12.6.4 of OrthoTrac.  As for your questions about when precisely it will be fixed, I cannot give you an ETA.  I will let @uriyahrobinson, the Orthotrac Product Line Manager, respond to you. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos