cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zachtonlowe
Canine III

how to run a particular report

Jump to solution

I was trying to figure out how to run a particular report, I am sure there is some way to do it but haven't figured it out.

1.  Is there a way to run a report for auto payments that do not go through that lists a phone number along with responsible party for printing or export?

2.  Is there a way to run a report for past due accounts that lists a phone number along with responsible party?

thanks for the help.

zach

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prcarter

Re: how to run a particular report

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Lowe ( @zachtonlowe ), 

Unfortunately both the Accounts Receivable report and the Auto Payments reports are hard-coded and cannot be modified to include additional information.  Since declined Auto Payments are recorded only in the Auto Payments report and not anywhere else in OrthoTrac, I can't offer any alternatives for that concern, but for the past due accounts, you can run a Contact Experts report that will give you the same info as the Accounts Receivable report.  Here's how:

1.  From the main OrthoTrac menu go to Functions > Contact Experts.

2.  Select the appropriate field that you want to use for the past due balances:

Pt Rsp 30 Days
Pt Rsp 30+ Days
Pt Rsp 60 Days
Pt Rsp 60+ Days
Pt Rsp 90 Days

(NOTE: These fields are not exclusive. You can select multiples and get results for patients who fit any of these fields' criteria). 

3.  Select "is equal to" and enter amounts .01 through 99999999  (or whatever maximum you want for that balance). 

4.  Repeat steps 2-3 for any additional fields you want to add. 

5.  Click Search to begin the search. 

6.  When the search results are displayed, click the "Responsible Party Fields" radio button.

7.  Select the same fields that you selected in steps 2-3 so that the actual balances will be displayed

8.  Select the fields Rsp First Name, Rsp Last Name and Rsp Phone # to display that information as well. 

9.  Click the Report button to print the report or view it onscreen with the "Preview" option when the printer options dialogue box is selected. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

View solution in original post

3 Replies
prcarter

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Lowe ( @zachtonlowe ), 

Unfortunately both the Accounts Receivable report and the Auto Payments reports are hard-coded and cannot be modified to include additional information.  Since declined Auto Payments are recorded only in the Auto Payments report and not anywhere else in OrthoTrac, I can't offer any alternatives for that concern, but for the past due accounts, you can run a Contact Experts report that will give you the same info as the Accounts Receivable report.  Here's how:

1.  From the main OrthoTrac menu go to Functions > Contact Experts.

2.  Select the appropriate field that you want to use for the past due balances:

Pt Rsp 30 Days
Pt Rsp 30+ Days
Pt Rsp 60 Days
Pt Rsp 60+ Days
Pt Rsp 90 Days

(NOTE: These fields are not exclusive. You can select multiples and get results for patients who fit any of these fields' criteria). 

3.  Select "is equal to" and enter amounts .01 through 99999999  (or whatever maximum you want for that balance). 

4.  Repeat steps 2-3 for any additional fields you want to add. 

5.  Click Search to begin the search. 

6.  When the search results are displayed, click the "Responsible Party Fields" radio button.

7.  Select the same fields that you selected in steps 2-3 so that the actual balances will be displayed

8.  Select the fields Rsp First Name, Rsp Last Name and Rsp Phone # to display that information as well. 

9.  Click the Report button to print the report or view it onscreen with the "Preview" option when the printer options dialogue box is selected. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

zachtonlowe
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thanks Phil,

I was hoping that I could get the declined payment info out of the contact experts.  Adding the ability to add contact information to the autopayments report, such as being able to select phone number (home or cell), email or address to display on the report would be great.  It would make the follow-up on tracking everyone down with declined cards so much easier.  One way this could be used, is since orthotrac doesn't have texting features built in, the info for the expired cards etc could be exported out of orthotrac and uploaded into a text messaging platform, where you could then send the entire group of declined cards a message all at once letting them know the need to update things..  Just ideas for future updates.  thanks

0 Kudos
prcarter

Jump to solution

Good day Dr. Lowe ( @zachtonlowe ),

I definitely agree with you that the suggestions you have are good ones.  In future, may I suggest that you post your enhancement requests in the Product Ideas section of our site?

The Product Ideas section can be reached by clicking the Practice Management pull-down on the toolbar at the top, then selecting "Product Ideas" at the bottom. A direct link is also available here:

https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/PRODUCT-IDEAS/idb-p/practicemanagementideas

The Product Ideas section is closely monitored by management and popular ideas can also be voted on by the community.

Regards,

0 Kudos