cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msimanis
Canine II

Daily insurance due report

Does anyone know how to print a daily report for patients who has insurance due for that day? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sundberg101
Premolar I

Re: Daily insurance due report

We roll our accounts everyday. As such the roll report lists any insurance payments due that day along with patient payments due on that day. Assuming that the date designated as the insurance due date is correctly entered in the contract. We allow our patients to pick what day of the month they want as their due date. They can pick any day between the 1st and 25th of the month. When we switched to this (instead of them only having the choice of the 1st or 15th) format we started doing a roll every work day. I review the roll report every day, send a text message reminder to anyone who has a payment due that day that hasn't paid yet, start our "collection protocol" on anyone who is assessed a late fee, and follow up on any insurance amount that shows as past due. We have a 4 day grace period before late fees are charged and I send out statements in 4 different batches each month in order to make sure that patients get their statement at least 12 days prior to their due date. (On the 9th of the month I send out statements due between the 1-6th of the next month, on the 16th I send out those that are due between the 7-13th, on the 23rd I send those that are due between the 14-21st, and those that are due the 22-31st are sent out on the 3rd. When we switched to this format we found that our past due A/R dropped significantly. At any given time I may have less than 10 of 300+ accounts that are 30+ days past due and generally less than a half dozen insurance accounts 30+ days or more past due. My boss doesn't sweat insurance past due on the rare occasion it goes higher than 4% because he knows that I can't necessarily speed that process up and we get all claims out the same day as services are rendered 99.9% of the time. About the only time that doesn't happen is if I'm out of the office sick and then I go over the schedule with a fine tooth comb when I get back to make sure everything gets billed out ASAP. 

0 Kudos

Re: Daily insurance due report

Thank you Laura (sundberg101) for the response!   Melissa (msimanis‌), Laura is correct in noting that doing the roll for that day will see to it that charges are rolled for those accounts.  If you just want to see what accounts WILL be due that day without actually doing the roll, the other way to handle this would be to run a Contact Experts report and select the field "Pt Ins Next Roll Date", then set it to "Is equal to" today's date.

If you are looking for a general overview on which insurance accounts are already due (or past due), the insurance accounts receivable report (Reports, Financial, Accounts Receivable By, Insurance Carrier)  will give you those results. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations