cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Feedback on Staff Mail

Good morning OrthoTrac Community,

Are any of you still using Staff Mail for email communications in your office?  If so, how is it working for you?

If not, what are you using?  Outlook?  Gmail? Yahoo?  

Thank you!

Jeff

0 Kudos
9 Replies
livinglifesmiling
Canine III

Re: Feedback on Staff Mail

We use the OT inter-office email every day. It works very well. We would hate to ever lose that! 

0 Kudos
livinglifesmiling
Canine III

BY THE WAY...It would be great if we had the option to forward an email to another staff member and it would include the original message as well as the ability to write something to the recipient (just like outlook or other email programs). 

sundberg101
Premolar I

I wish it would work more like an instant messenger program.

0 Kudos
bperez
Canine II

We also use it but wished it would work closer to an instant messenger program as well. It can take hours for the notification to change indicating that you have received new mail. 

0 Kudos

Tagging uriyahrobinson‌  since he is the new PLM.   

Uriyah, something else that several offices have reported is that they would like for the Reply function in Staff Mail to automatically quote the original message, similarly to the way e-mail programs work.  This was brought up to me recently so I thought I would add it to this discussion.

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
mistyeverman
Canine III

We also use the inner-office email function on a daily basis and if we could forward an email on to another staff member that contains the original content, that would make it even better!

Also, instant messenger capability would be awesome!  I know you can use the "To Do" list and assign a task to another staff member and notify them immediately, however, if that staff member is with a patient, it may be an hour before they see that "To Do" list notification, as it is "under" their current patient's chart.  Many times, it would be helpful to send a message to a staff member re: the patient they currently have in their chair.  You have something similar to this in the patient flow/light bar and we have used it.

0 Kudos
uriyahrobinson
Canine III

Misty,

Thanks for bringing your insights and recommendation to the board.   Would you be open for me to connect with you for a brief chat to better understand the workflow using Staff Mail?

0 Kudos
mistyeverman
Canine III

Good morning, Uriyah,

Yes, I would be happy to speak with you re: staff mail. I will be in the office today, if that works for you, or any day next week works, as well. Thank you to being open to suggestions. Our office has been on Orthotrac for nearly 20 years. I’ve seen significant improvements and I’m happy provide feedback.

Thank you,

Misty Everman

Office Manager

Gordon Orthodontics

800-471-2939

mistyeverman@gordonorthodontics.com<mailto:mistyeverman@gordonorthodontics.com>

140 Shawnee Street, Greenville, OH 45331

937-548-0755

1930 Prime Court, Troy, OH 45373

937-339-1013

0 Kudos
ajschopp
Canine III

We use it often in our office!  However, it's become somewhat frustrating that the "you have mail" indicator doesn't always show up when there is a new message.  I have my settings so that it checks for new messages every 1 minute, but sometimes it takes hours before the little letter shows up in the box to tell me that I have mail.  We tend to use the "To Do List" if we want a message to show up right away for a co-worker.

0 Kudos