cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karenecalefdmd
Canine III

Version 14 Treatment Card

After yesterday's webinar, the team came up with a few questions. 

1) Will the Patient Treatment History be able to print in colors. We used to be able to do this.  And they take notes in various colors, but currently this function to have a printed copy in color is not in OrthoTrac anymore.  The doctor particularly liked it when she was doing a Consultation.  

2) We are also curious whether the Data Base Field will be in the Treatment Card window.

It is a great place to have notes about patient personal hobbies, school, etc come up to start a conversation with the patient and put them at ease.  

3) And lastly, but most importantly, are permissions going to be for each section of Treatment Card window.  Front desk, financials, etc are usually different permissions that assistants.  How will that function with so much more info available in Tx Card window.

Lastly, Thank You for all the hard work to make such a huge change!  It is exciting and looking good.

Kathy, Office Manager

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Version 14 Treatment Card

Good day Kathy, 

Thank you for your interest!  I am tagging Uriyah Robinson (uriyahrobinson)  and Rick Alfieri   (r.alfieri)  from Development to address your questions. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
karenecalefdmd
Canine III

Phil, 

Thank you for passing on our questions to Uriyah and Rick.  

Regarding the printing in color option that you showed me how to get around by sending to "nova" and making a pdf on the desktop, it ends up it only prints the color items that OrthoTrac has initiated into the chart.  The items that we "color" code in the font area still come out as black and white in the pdf.  Why is there a "color" choice when it is only being recorded in the chart, and not as a document?  Or am I missing something?

I really appreciate your expertise,

Kathy

0 Kudos

Good day Kathy (karenecalefdmd),

I'm sorry for the delay in response, I was unexpectedly out of the office yesterday. 

I was not aware that text entered in color by office staff specifically in Charting did not print in color.  I will bring this to the attention of Development.  Chances are it will be corrected with the reworking of the Charting/Treatment Card in any case, but thank you for letting us know!

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

Is there a way that the Oral Hygiene scoring and Progress Review windows pop up before closing a patients treatment card instead of at the beginning? Our assistants frequently dismiss the Progress Review because they can't access the information that our's asks for until the charting is open. They can't score the OH right then and there because either the patient hasn't been actually seated when they open the charting or they haven't actually looked in the mouth. Yet if these prompts came up as they are closing out the treatment card they could quickly complete the required information. 
Right now they can hit the "Tab" key when the OH scoring window pops up which closes it and it triggers a reminder that forces them to complete the OH scoring it before closing out the tx card but there is no option for this on the Progress Review reminder. If they say "NO" to completing a progress review  then it's gone until their next appt unless they actually remember on their own before the end of the appt to go into the Progress Review questionnaire, complete it and go and update the progress review date so that a progress letter can go out to the patients general dentist. 

My other suggestion on the progress review dilemma is that OT create a report the shows who is due for a progress review. This way we can run a report to determine who is due for one, the Dr or staff member can review the patients chart notes, and an update can be sent to the patient's general dentist. One of the biggest pet peeves of many general dentists is that they refer a patient to the orthodontist get letters saying their patient had a consult, a letter saying the patient actually started treatment but then there is nothing until treatment is complete and they get a letter saying braces were removed and they are being referred back for a check up and cleaning. General dentists (and many parents) want written updates to know how treatment is progressing. 

In theory you should be notifying both the parent and dentist every six months how treatment is progressing and if it's not progressing the reason why. Unfortunately the way we are reminded that it's time for a progress report can easily be ignored when we hit "NO" because we can't access the information needed at the time it asks us for it.

0 Kudos