cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jsinger97
Canine III

What is your experience with updating to OrthoTrac vers. 14

Regarding OrthoTrac update version 14 and the new treatment card.  We have not updated yet.  From experience, updating software always seems to have a few "bugs" not yet worked out.  Has anyone had a stress free upgrade?  If it wasn't stress free, what issues did you encounter?  We are using mostly laptops in our office and I wonder if this might be an issue with the upgrade...what say you?  We are still using vers 12.4.6.4 but very much want to get up to date.  Looking forward to comments in this forum.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

Re: What is your experience with updating to OrthoTrac vers. 14

Good day Dr. Singer (jsinger97‌),

I recognize that your question was directed at the OT community in general so I'm leaving this open for further discussion.  However, from a Support perspective I can note that most of the issues offices are encountering are either "growing pains" related to learning the new Charting, or issues caused by workstations where the resolution does not match the minimum system requirements (for the new Charting, the *minimum* resolution that is supported for a correct display is 1440x900, while the recommended screen resolution is 1920x1080).  PCs that do not meet this resolution requirement will still be able to display the new Charting but it will display with scrollbars to fit in all the required information.

This is also a good time to note that the latest System Requirements are located here:

OrthoTrac: System Requirements 

Feel free to review those; if your PCs meet those requirements then we believe you should not have any major issues (other than the aforementioned growing pains).  

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalations

jsinger97
Canine III

Hi Phil,  thanks for your reply to my post…your answer is exactly one of the issues I was concerned about…having the proper workstation hardware is a must to properly enjoy the update.  Since I have your attention, we were told by our IT team that in 2020 Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 Professional…assuming this is true, what preparations are you making to deal with this issue as it relates to OrthoTrac users?  We’d like to plan ahead if at all possible, since 2020 is right around the corner.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Good day Dr. Singer (jsinger97‌),

End-of-cycle support for Microsoft Windows 7 does end in January 2020.  We have received no official communication from Development regarding this, but I presume the communication to clients would be the same as it was when Windows XP was sunset.  Most likely we will send notifications to clients regarding the upcoming end of life for Windows 7, we will update the System Requirements for OrthoTrac to indicate Windows 7 would no longer be supported, and we will add warnings to the OrthoTrac installers / updates to indicate that Windows 7 is no longer supported.  I am tagging the OrthoTrac PLM uriyahrobinson   in case he can provide additional information. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / OrthoTrac Escalations

0 Kudos
mistyeverman
Canine III

We updated to version 14 over the weekend - today is our first day with it.  I'm disappointed with how it's functioning on our laptops.  Evidently, it's an issue with the screen resolution.  We are unable to access the area on treatment card where you select which assistant, doctor, or tc who is seeing the patient for their appointment.  Also, we have been unable to figure out how to change the color of the fonts in the notes section.  The bold and italics work, but not the color.  Any advice?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee

Hello Ms. Everman,

I am sorry to hear that you hare having some difficulties with the new v14 Charting feature.  You have stated that you are unable to access the area in Charting where you can select the appropriate treatment staff?  That section is in the middle of the new Chart window, so it isn't typically something that may or may not display based on screen resolution.  I have created the attached .pdf document that contains some visual references for not only the treating staff but also on how to add and/or view color text in Today's Treatment, Treatment History (view all limitation) and on the Notes tab.  If you need additional help from our Support team, I would be happy to enter a case for you so that one of our representatives can speak with you directly. 

Regards,

Mara

0 Kudos
paularyfa
Canine III

I'm absolutely bumming about the issues with the chart notes not displaying all entries.  I also understand you are working on the fix for the wrong worktype/procedures being put into the patient's chart.  Some of my complaints are simply preference.  These issues I've been working on all day related to the patient's charts are critical. View all should mean just that. We color code to differentiate entries.  It is alarming that it pulls in the wrong worktype/code as a chart entry and not all notes can be viewed quickly without scrolling.  It has been massively filled with stress.  The doctor likes the layout and being able to view so much info at a glance. I'm not a fan, however.

0 Kudos

Good day Paula (paularyfa‌),

I've already answered most of these in other threads but am replying here so that the general discussion will have answers to the same questions. 

1.  View All not displaying comment-only entries -- this is by design, done in conjunction with input from multiple offices when designing the new Treatment Card, to cut down on the number of entries displayed.  Due to massive feedback from other practices since release, Development is considering adding these back in as an optional setting in a future version. 

2.  Colors not being displayed on the main TX History screen -- this is a programming limitation in the code used to build the Charting window.  Colors will still be visible when entries are viewed in the View All link. 

3.  Notes can't be viewed quickly without scrolling -- This is by design, again, with input from multiple offices who wanted a close-up view of the most recent several entries. 

4.  Wrong procedure code -- I will be calling you later today to discuss this as we have been unable to reproduce the issues you are describing. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
sundberg101
Premolar I

After almost a month of using it and having to revert back to the original tx card at the end of each day to correct any charting or procedure code errors and our front desk people having to revert back to it "on the fly" in order to enter "comments only" on patients that were coming in later the same day we decided to stick with the original tx card. We won't go back to the new version until the patches are released that will allow us to "comment only" and correct charting/procedure codes while in the new tx card.

0 Kudos

Good day Laura (sundberg101‌),

I've addressed these in responses in other threads but am including them here as well so others are aware as an FYI. 

The issue with Edit Today's Treatment causing procedure codes to be deleted was corrected in version 14.1, now in release.  

The issue with Comment Only Charting requiring an OH rating and forcing procedure code entry when patients are scheduled for an appointment that day is confirmed as corrected in the upcoming version 14.2  release, still under development. 

Regards,

0 Kudos