cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajschopp
Canine III

eClaims

I would like to suggest an improvement to E-Claims.  My practice has more than one doctor in multiple locations in 2 different states.  This means 2 separate  tax ID numbers and 2 different license numbers for each doctor.  As the doctors rotate between the offices, I need OrthoTrac to be able to configure E-Claims to accommodate this.  Thank you.

Labels (2)
8 Replies

Re: eClaims

Good day Amy (ajschopp‌),

I'm tagging Matt Czarick (mczar‌)  from our E-Services team to respond to this.  My understanding was that Orthotrac already supports this by going to Maintenance/Setup, Insurance Claim Options and setting the Claim Processing drop-down choices appropriately.  As shown below, any claim created will pull the Treating Dentist/Treatment Location from the Patient Doctor assigned to the patient, while the Billing Dentist / Dental Entity information will be pulled from the Patient Location the patient is assigned to. As long as the information is set properly for those locations in Location Maintenance and doctors in Staff Maintenance, I don't see why there would be an issue.

I will let Matt respond further.

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

ajschopp
Canine III

Thank you for your reply Phil!  I believe the problem lies in the doctor profile under Staff Maintenance as only one license number field is available.  I'll look forward to hearing what insight Matt has to add.

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

Amy and Phil,

This is somewhat of a unique situation, but I know we have at least one other practice with a similar situation (doctors rendering service in multiple states). You are both right by the way. The software can handle the different tax-id's based on the settings in the insurance claim options screen. The issue typically has been getting the correct license number to be sent on the claim since there is only one place to enter that in staff maintenance screen. The only "workaround" that I know of that would work is to enter the doctor(s) in the system multiple times, one for each state they practice in, so that you can enter their corresponding license numbers. You would need to make sure and enter the doctors names slightly different so that you could distinguish between the two states. (enter one with a middle initial and one without, enter one in all caps, etc..). I hope this makes sense.

ajschopp
Canine III

Such a simplistic solution!!  Makes me feel kind of silly for not thinking of it ,  I'll give that a try and respond back if I have any further questions or issues.  I greatly appreciate both of your advice!  Have a great day!!

0 Kudos
ajschopp
Canine III

Hi Matt,

Is there a way to add the doctors like you recommended so that they are only accessible in the insurance functions?  My doctors don't want too many options in charting, etc.

0 Kudos

Good day Amy (ajschopp‌),

Unfortunately any doctor added in Staff Maintenance will be added in all areas of the software.  There is not a way to limit them to only insurance information. 

You can set Orthotrac so that it will use only the specific doctor assigned to the patient when posting financial functions (Functions, Maintenance / Setup, System Maintenance, System Options, "Always Use Patient Doctor" under "Multiple Doctors" checkbox), but this will not affect Charting. 

Regards,

Phil Carter / Orthotrac Escalation

0 Kudos
uriyahrobinson
Canine III

jdickens

0 Kudos
ajschopp
Canine III

I just wanted to add that this is not just an E-claims issue.  The limitation is found in any instance of generating an insurance claim through OrthoTrac.

Thank you.