Finally, to capture the signature or initials, post the letter, then edit or preview the letter and double-click the fields to be captured. Use the signature pad to enter the signature or initials and click OK.
1. Select Functions, Word Processing, Post and Print Letters from the OrthoTrac main menu.
2. Select the letter.
3. Click Post Letter.
4. Double-click the number in the "Ready to Review" column for this specific letter:
5. Locate the patient for whom you wish to edit the letter. Click once on the patient name to highlight it:
6. Click the Edit Letter button.
7. Click Signatures Needed on the Orthotrac Word Processing toolbar, or double-click the field to be captured. NOTE: In some versions of Word, Signatures Needed will be located in the Add-Ins tab at the top, instead of on the main toolbar window.
8. Use the signature pad to enter the signature.
9. If the signature pad has an LCD display, click OK on the signature pad. Otherwise click OK in the Please Sign window.
The signatures have now been recorded. If you wish to print the letter later on, simply exit the letter and save changes. The signatures will be displayed when you print the letter later. If you want to print the letter immediately, proceed with the remaining steps.
10. Click File, Print. The Print Options window will open.
11. Click OK.
12. Click File, Exit. A dialog box will ask if the letter status should be changed to Printed.