Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tmslaug2
Premolar I

9.1 can no longer add an Insurance Contact through Clipboard>History

Jump to solution

We used to be able to add an insurance contact by going to the patient's Clipboard>History>Add Contact>Contact Type: Outstanding Insurance Claims.  We could enter a comment, click OK, which took us to the Insurance Claim list for that patient, then selected the claim we wanted to attach the contact to and saved.  Since installing 9.1 we can complete all the steps but are unable to save the contact.  Are we missing something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: 9.1 can no longer add an Insurance Contact through Clipboard>History

Jump to solution

Hello

I'm currently running through some testing with this issue now to confirm how it was working before vs how it is working now.  I'll report back with my findings, and may reach out to you directly as well if needed. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos

Re: 9.1 can no longer add an Insurance Contact through Clipboard>History

Jump to solution

I have finished my testing. 

I used Practiceworks version 8.1.0 and 9.1.0 to compare the differences.  I was able to confirm that it does function differently due to the new insurance claims list window design.  I will be officially submitting this to development as a defect. 

In the meantime, there are two workarounds possible:

1) Opening the patient's ledger, then right-clicking on an entry from that claim and selecting the view/resubmit primary or secondary option.  Here on the middle right is a contacted button where you can enter the contacted information for that claim. insurance claim info contacted button.png

2) You can run the Outstanding Insurance Claims Expert.  You would then generate a new report to get the most current data. Once the list generates for the claims you can sort and search by Insured Party. once you find and select the needed claim, on the lower right in the "Claim Information" section, you can click the Contacted button here and add the needed contact information. Delinq ins claim expert contacted button.png

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst