cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JUB
Canine II

Documenting an occlusal guard in the charting module

Is there a way to chart an existing occlusal guard in the charting module?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jdowner

Re: Documenting an occlusal guard in the charting module

Hello, 

It is possible to add the Occlusal guard code to a custom button that can be used while in the Existing Chart mode.  This will post it as an existing diagnosis in the progress notes, as long as the producer selected for it is "Other office." This will keep it from posting to the ledger or a treatment plan.

I'd be happy to assist with setting this up if needed. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
JUB
Canine II

Thank you for the reply.  We do have a button to add it to the treatment plan, but if they have an existing one, whether it be upper or lower, I can't figure out how to get it charted?  For example, when you chart an existing upper partial, it shows in the graphical chart and when you click "upper".

Thanks for any help...

Julianne

0 Kudos
jdowner

I'm afraid the Occlusal Guard does not have a graphic for it to show on the chart itself. It would show the code in the progress notes, or if you double click on the area it was applied to.  There wouldn't be anything we can do at this time to give a graphic. It would be something that development would add in a future update.  

If you want to post it as an idea to be given a graphical representation, you may create a new thread in our product idea section located HERE.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
JUB
Canine II

Thank you for the quick response!  Have a nice day

0 Kudos