cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyap
Premolar III

Fees not posting properly

@jdowner - what was happening on your workstation is now happening on mine, but we have to figure out a way around this.  I entered a new fee schedule for one of our docs, but the fees are not pulling through when posting.  It is using the other fee schedule instead.  I can't go through all of his postings every day to make sure they posted correctly and then correct them all if they didn't.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jdowner

Re: Fees not posting properly

Unfortunately at this time, there isn't really a good "fix' for it. The only workaround would be to remember to make sure the primary doctor on the clipboard is set to the needed Dr if they use a different fee schedule. Otherwise, it will pull the fees into the appt for the primary doctor, not the producer that is assigned the codes on the appointment.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
sonyap
Premolar III

Unfortunately, that is not a fix in our office.  Our patients don't "belong" to one provider or another - they see everyone.  If we change the patient's clipboard to reflect the fees of that particular doc for that particular day, then we would also have to remember to go in after the appt is checked out to change it to a different doc.  Otherwise, the wrong fee is going to post for the other docs.

What is in the appointment box should take precedence over everything else.  The primary doctor on clipboard doesn't override who receives production for an appointment, so why would it affect the fees?

0 Kudos
jdowner

You are correct, it should be using the Doctor scheduled on the appt as long as they are set to use their own fee schedule. According to our internal page about multiple fee schedules, it says "As long as the doctor owns their own Fee Schedule and is the Producer of the treatments, the software will populate the "Charges" fields on the ledger with the amounts from that doctor's Fee Schedule."

I'm being told this might be fixed in the next release, so I'm pulling the current build to test. I'll let you know for sure by the end of the day today. 

0 Kudos
jdowner

Alright, I was able to test, and unfortunately, as far as the current build goes for the next version to release. it still is pulling the Primary Doctor's fee schedule and not the one for the Doctor with whom the work is scheduled in the appt. I'll work to get this written up and submitted as an issue to be addressed. 

bnissen
Premolar I

We have the same problem. Frustrating! The correct Dr is assigned on the clipboard and it still changes the fee at checkout.
0 Kudos