cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonyap
First Molar I

How to reprint a tx plan once work has been performed?

I am trying to reprint a tx plan for which all the services have been performed.  The patient lost his copy and doesn't believe that we quoted him for all the work to be performed.  How do I generate a duplicate of the original?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kanzi
Canine II

Re: How to reprint a tx plan once work has been performed?

I would recommend that when you give any treatment plan, have them sign it and give them a photocopy. Scan into attachments or place it in a paper chart.  Then you have evidence that you discussed the plan with them. If your fees change, you have original estimate with fee expiration dates documented. Easy, peasy. 

jdowner

Unfortunately, once a procedure has been marked performed it will no longer print on a tx proposal.  

The only in software option you would have if you do not have a copy on hand would be to recreate the tx plan and print the proposal from it, though at that point the dates will be different on the printout if that is an important piece to have accurate for the need.  As long as the estimating and office fees have not changed since the original printout, and the patient's benefits are not out, the estimating should print the same information. 

Otherwise, I agree with @Kanzi suggestion that when a tx proposal is printed out that a copy of it is scanned back into the patient's attachments so that you can keep a copy of it on file. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
sonyap
First Molar I

@Kanzi that is what our clinical team is supposed to be doing.  But of course they didn't for this patient.  ☹️