How are offices listing & finding a patient's current Medications listed within PW to allow for efficient viewing. It would be great if a MEDICATIONS section was created similar to the Medical History/Alerts. To our knowledge, there isn't anything available. Scanning in is okay.
I'll go ahead and give my suggestions to track it in PracticeWorks.
1) If it's medications that your office has prescribed to the patient, It will depend on how you prescribe them. Either using the new method using the Prescriptions button on the clipboard or the old method of using Documents. If you use the new method they'll be on the Prescription list using that button. If you're using the old method, those documents, if marked to have copies kept, will be listed in the patient's history.
2) If it's for medications that they have prescribed from another Doctor, then the only options we have would be to either use
- Sticky notes on the clipboard
- Create a notepad for the patient, then upload that into the patient's Attachments. It will open back in notepad and allow you to edit and save the file so that next time you open it, it'll have those changes.
- Use Medical alerts to list current medications.
I hope this helps
The above post regarding the updatable form is an excellent suggestion. You can also create an updateable form that has a multi-line text section for medications. A lot of the offices I train, do this: