cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertwagner16
Canine III

Print number of active patients at a specific time...

Jump to solution

Wondering if there is an easy way to print active patient count at a specific time or is there a report we can run? For example, we want to know how many active patients we have so far at the end of each month. That way we can keep track of how many new active patients we are gaining each month. One of the reasons we starting to keep track is due to accounting, per office manager's request. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: Print number of active patients at a specific time...

Jump to solution

Tatyana,

If you go to the Experts Menu>Office Expert and then scroll down to the bottom of the list, the last entry is going to be active patient count. Highlight the entry and it will give you the number of active patient clipboards you currently have in your system along with the number of those patients you have seen in the last 18 months. Currently, there is not a way to print this aside from taking a screenshot of it and printing the image.

robertwagner16
Canine III

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeanspears
Premolar I

Jump to solution

You can select to "print report" on the office expert window - it will print the entire office expert contents but it would also include the "active patient count" info.  Just suggesting if you really wanted to print the active patient info and just retain that page for your records or for tracking.

Jump to solution

Tatyana,

Going back to your original goal of tracking the number of new patients each month. Rather than checking active patient count changes from month to month, there is a simpler and more accurate way to do that also. The reason I say this could be more accurate, is the active patient count numbers in the office expert are also affected when you "inactivate" a patient's clipboard.

The "Number of new patients" figure is displayed on both the Daily Report and on the Periodic Report. It appears near the bottom of the "A/R Recap" page. To get the complete total of New Patients, the user should run the report with the option for "Combined A/R recap" checked and, after the report is generated, they must look at the sheet labeled "All A/R Administrators." (Otherwise they could be seeing a New Patient Count for just one provider, instead of for the whole office.)

To count the "Number of new patients" in a given period, the software adds up the quantity of patients who have a "First visit date" that falls within the time period for the report. Patients who have had a scheduled appointment and who were then checked out (via a Check Out Ledger) for the first time within that specified time frame this "First visit date" field is populated by the program automatically.

If you had a new patient who came in without an appointment being added to your schedule and procedures were just added directly to the ledger, the first visit date field will not populate automatically to track them accurately for this report. If added directly to ledger instead of through an appointment for a patient's first visit to the office, you would have to manually update the "First visit date" field on the patient's clipboard for them to be included in the "Number of new patients" total.

This can be done by opening the patient's clipboard and clicking on the "Appt History" button and then click on the "First visit date" button and manually entering the correct date.

This gives you another alternative for calculating the number of new patients you have on a daily or periodic basis without being affected by normal database maintenance of making some patient's clipboards inactive.

barbhouser
Premolar I

Jump to solution

When I try to find active patient count it is not an option for me. How do I get that option added?

0 Kudos
jeanspears
Premolar I

Jump to solution

You can also run a "New Patient Analysis" report.  Go to File - Print - Patients - New Patient Analysis.

When that window opens, you have the option to select which appointment book to use (if you use multiple ones - we only have one).  Then select if you want to find the NP appointments by block booking (this is if you have certain times or days of the week that you reserve for NP appointments - we do not use this method for scheduling.  But we do use pre-defined appointments like NPA (new patient adult) NPC (new patient child) NPT (new patient teen).  Once you select how you want to identify appointments, click "OK" then "print".  You'll get a report that shoes new patient count as well as increase and growth statistics.  It will also show counts for appointments made in the last month, week and day.  It's a neat way to see the growth in your practice. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Barb,

Pulling up your profile and pulling your office name up in our database, it lists you as a Softdent user. This is probably why you're not seeing these options. These are within PracticeWorks Office software. I will ask someone from Softdent Support reach out to you on this issue to see what your options are within Softdent for this.

0 Kudos
lshep
Canine II

Jump to solution

Tatyana,

Our office had a member of PracticeWorks support create a custom report for us to track new patients for a specified date range. They added it under the experts tab, contact expert, then user defined.  It allows us to see the number of new patients per month, doctor they saw, date of first and next appointments, and the amount of production generated at the appointment.  We are able to also use it as a quick contact list if any one needs a follow up call, or to set up another appointment.  This sounds like it may be what your office manager is looking for. 

Lynne

0 Kudos