cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnissen
Premolar I

V 10.1.2

I was just told by support that when I  update to 10.1.2 it is "highly recommended" to have IT support on premises in case of issues.  Is there there any way updates can be made easier for those of us who are not technically savvy?

4 Replies
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: V 10.1.2

@jdowner any input on this? 

0 Kudos
jdowner

The main reason that you would need to have your local IT support on-premise, or on the phone with us in any way is if you do not have access to the server machine yourself, or your IT support has it in their contract to require their involvement in the software update process. 

If you have access without them needing to be there to get us on the server, you are more than welcome to work with our install team without them needing to be there.  The basic process would be our connecting to the server and downloading the update installer and making sure no other users, or third-party software, are currently connecting to the data files.  We would then update the server, restart any third-party software services as needed, and then update the client workstations throughout the office. 

Just in case, you can schedule an update with our installation team on our Installation appointment webpage located HERE.

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
nageldds
Premolar I

Is this update currently available? I had an appointment 03/26/2021 to install the most recent update only to be told that the update had been pulled back. 

0 Kudos
jdowner

It is true that v10.1.2 was pulled and we are no longer updating offices to it.  It, unfortunately, had some pretty major bugs in it that will be worked out in our next release which will be v10.1.3.  We do not have an official date as to when it will be available to install as of yet. The Development team is working as quickly as possible to release it while having it well tested beforehand. 

Johnathan Downer | Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos