cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vchop
Canine III

eForms not sending automatically

Is any other user of eForms finding that the forms do not go out automatically? I get a an error like this:

PSQL exclusive connection failed to open properly in ExclusiveFile;

The eForms program has been uninstalled and installed twice, as well as other fixes that have been tried by tech.

I can send out manually without a hitch.

Thoughts?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: eForms not sending automatically

@jdowner or @robertangus any ideas? 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

The exclusive lock message could be one of two things. 

1) We might need to run a utility on the server called Setddf, which just makes it so that the software(s) look at the server for particular files. Sometimes eForms has an issue with this and the utility usually corrects it. 

2) You could need to increase your Pervasive license count.  eForms uses an additional license when it goes to do it's automatic sending, though if that falls outside of your normal open hours, and you know for sure that all machines have PracticeWorks closed, this technically shouldn't be an issue. But, it would be something to look into at least. 

First place to start though, would be reaching out to an eService Support rep. They'd be better as doing the initial diagnostic to determine what's needed. Just in case, you can find the contact numbers located Here.

0 Kudos
vchop
Canine III

I have a new version of pervasive, so we did pay for the extra license. I did not yet installed. Could I have help with that?
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

if you haven't installed the new version of Pervasive yet, but you have a high enough user count in the older version still, that would not be the cause.  Unless sessions are getting stuck open and using up additional keys that they shouldn't. 

If you go onto the server, go to the Start menu and Click on "Programs" or "All programs" scroll down to the Pervasive SQL folder > Utilities > PSQL Monitor (or just Monitor).  This will open up a grey window with menus at the top. Go to Microkernal > Resource Usage.  Once that opens there is a line on there titled "Licenses in use"  you'll have three columns: Current, Peak, and Maximum.  Is the Peak column showing the same number as the Maximum column? if yes, then you are reaching the max number of license you have for that version of Pervasive. If no, and you haven't just recently reboot the server (as that resets the counts) what is the current column showing? 

We'd also want to find out what time the eforms are set to sent out automatically. Most offices are set to send in the morning before they open. However, if the server is shut down at night and isn't powered back up before that time comes to send, it will be missed for that day. If you're sending time falls outside of normal hours, then it would unlikely to be using the max number of license at that time, so that shouldn't be the issue, and I'd think the setddf utility might be a potential solution.

I am reading through the notes from when you worked with Brett on this issue, and noticed he found that Windows defender was running on the server and it was keeping the ipad from connecting, I'm curious to if it might also be causing the automatic sending from happening.  He'd also ran the setddf a couple times for your server and that didn't seem to correct it. I'll reach out to Brett to see if he can give you a call and take another look at it since it's still not working.

0 Kudos
vchop
Canine III

Windows defender has been turned off and the problem persists. It is set to go out at 7am with everything already up and running. Pervasive shows a User column with 2-2-2
0 Kudos